A permanent Thread for....

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

cgdavid

A permanent Thread for....

Post by cgdavid »

Being really new to the bpcr, I have a lot of question that have probably been hashed and rehashed over time on this site. I try to do searches first but the results are limited at best.

What I'd like to see is a thread named "how to:". A few sub-thread subjects I'd imediately find interesting are "bullet casting", "paperpatching", "things to build yourself", "Tools and gadget reviws", "duplexing recipes" and "lube recipes". With some thought, I'm sure there are dozens of these permanent, categorized sub-threads we could come up with. Bet it wouldn't take more than a few minutes for the web/forum administrator to get it going. And doing so would earn my graditude and probably a hearty thanks from the experts that have to keep repeating themselves.

Anyway, you folks that are in charge of this kind of thing, please give it a thought.... :)
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

I have to agree whole heartedly!...except for possibly the part about it only taking a few minutes.

Another Nebraskan
Jerry M. Davenport

I said, "I never had much use for one."
I never said I didn't know HOW
cgdavid

Post by cgdavid »

Jerry

Where about in central Nebraska? I grew up in McCook, went to school in Kearney and have several relatives in Lexington.
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

[quote="cgdavid"]Jerry

Where about in central Nebraska? I grew up in McCook, went to school in Kearney and have several relatives in Lexington.[/quote]

Sargent

It's about 80 miles North of Kearney and a little west. Or it's almost geographicaly centered in the state.
Jerry M. Davenport

cgdavid

Post by cgdavid »

Jerry

When I started reading your reply, I slapped my forehead. I was thinking 'middle of' when you said central... :oops:
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

No Prob, CG
Is there anywhere you know of in NE with a BPCR club/shoot? (other than Allaince which is an awfully long drive..... on the other hand I COULD tell my wife I was going to visit my daughter at college)
I've been going up to SD the last couple of years, but don't get up there very often.

I sure hope you and I aren't the only ones reading this thread because I'd really like to see a "how to" section on this forum.
Jerry M. Davenport

cgdavid

Post by cgdavid »

Jerry

All the BPCR guys around here go to Alliance and some place in Iowa for their events. You'd think with all the wide-open space in Nebraska, we could find a least a couple more long ranges.

Been working on a 600 yard range with the local Izaak Walton planning people. It's been an uphill battle. We have the property but people are building houses around the range and want us to not only stop plans for building but want us to get rid of the range completely. The range has been there since God was a child. It's akin to building a house at the end of the airport runway and then complaining about the noise.

Guess a drive to Lincoln wouldn't save you anything over a drive to Alliance.

I was thinking that a lot of the flat river bottom property could easily accomidate a 1000 yrd range if we could find a farmer that would lease the land for events. If I were in a farming situation, I think I'd consider it as a good source of income. Prbably be more profitable that putting it into CRP. Not sure how the liability thing would play in a private range though.

Anyway, let me know if you hear of any places to shoot...in my case, watch, (until February.)
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

Actually a drive to Lincoln would save me over an hour.
Jerry M. Davenport

Windcutter, SWNM

BPCR in Aksarben Land

Post by Windcutter, SWNM »

Aksarben Gents,

Being a looooooong ago resident of Holt County (O'Neill) my interests in that area are still connected.

Near Dixon, Nebraska is a group of folks that participate in BPCR shoots. Dixon is about 45 miles west of Sioux City. Some gents from this group used to haunt the defunct Shooters.com website. Surely they look see here once in a while?

An internet search for "Tarbox Hollow" Buffalo Ranch will yield some results. Seems like this is where the BPCR shoots were held?
From The Land of Enchantment,

ShortStake
Deming, (Luna County) New Mexico
I-10, between El Paso, TX & Tucson, AZ.
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

Thanks Windcutter,
I've heard of thetarbox ranch in conection with BP but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I'll check it out.
Jerry M. Davenport

cgdavid

Post by cgdavid »

Jerry
I'll give it a try too. Let me know what you find...I'll do the same.

Thanks Windcutter.
Windcutter, SWNM

Nebraska Tarbox Hollow BPCR shoots

Post by Windcutter, SWNM »

Gents,

www.tarboxbuffalo.com

A look under the "Cowboy Shoots" portion will reveal the BPCR schedule.
From The Land of Enchantment,

ShortStake
Deming, (Luna County) New Mexico
I-10, between El Paso, TX & Tucson, AZ.
Pitspitr

Post by Pitspitr »

Thanks Windcutter,
Looks like they're done for the season. Oh well, there's always next year.
Jerry M. Davenport

MudChild

Post by MudChild »

CG:

Perhaps this thread is why there are no how-tos on this forum (though I think it wouldn't be a bad idea). It started out as a request and turned into Nebraska BPCR. :lol:

I'm just joking, of course. There's hundreds of threads on here that get away from the original subject real quick.
cgdavid

Post by cgdavid »

I don't mind things wondering off course at all. Kind of enjoy it. Notice above that I'm one of the 'guilty' ones. :D Due to this discussion wonder off, I found out about a place to shoot that's fairly close. Besides, it's just one of thoses SWAI (silly wild-a$$ed idea) I get every once in a while . Throw enough SWAI's out there and sooner-or-later, one will take root.

Anyway, I understand that the Shiloh folks are a little short on help in these matters. Besides, I'd rather have them working on my rifle than on the webpage :wink: