Paul Jones .45 cal. " Chicken " Bullet Mould.

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Nick B

Paul Jones .45 cal. " Chicken " Bullet Mould.

Post by Nick B »

Any body shoot this bullet ? It weighs 410 grains. I thought it might make a good 100-200 yard target bullet for a 45-70. ( paper and gong ). At that weight recoil would be easy for extended shooting. I'm just wondering if it is accurate at these distances. Anybody ? Thanks, Nick
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

Nick B.,

Paul and his shooting partner are shooting that bullet with very good results. I'm shooting one that weights 500G. with good results.

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: I borrowed a Saeco-Redding 405gr Govt style mould from a friend and have been very pleased with its accuracy and lower recoil for targets at 200m. There are many different makers of moulds that use the old original Govt design to produce a 405gr bullet for 45cal rifles. One bonus of the Saeco mould is that it is a 2 cavity mould allowing you to cast more bullets at one sitting. Rbump
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

Nobody shoots this bullet ? I wonder why Paul even makes it ? :(
AL Rittenhouse

Post by AL Rittenhouse »

Kelly
The 500gr you are shooting is that his 500gr creedmore bullet? And are you shooting it at any king of distance or just for shoter ranges. Al
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

Al Rittenhouse,

I shoot the 500G. P.J. Creedmoor at chickens mostly. Have played with it to Turkeys and it shoot well. I just don't have time to mess around with testing loads, so I do it at match's and sometimes my score's suffer. No I wouldn't be afraid to shoot that bullet at pig's or Turkeys.

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
MLV

Post by MLV »

Hey Kelly: Don't have time to test loads? Sure looks like you got time to play with that computer! Just kidding. See you at Pala hopefully. Me & the Grand Poobah are going to try to come.
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

MLV,

Glad to read you can make Pala :D , put in hear plug's to protect yourself from the grand Poo-bah. :lol: This here computer gives me the laugth's :wink:

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
AL Rittenhouse

Post by AL Rittenhouse »

Kelly
I have the mould and I have played with that bullet some at longer ranges in the 70. But I have since put the 70 back in the safe as I am wanting to shoot the 100 a little more. The 500gr bullet did fairly well at the longer distance's but I still need more time to make any big judgements on the bullet. Al
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground