Screwed the pooch on Kowa TSN-773 deal!

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Trigger1212

Screwed the pooch on Kowa TSN-773 deal!

Post by Trigger1212 »

Tooootally bummed. This morning I was on fleabay looking for deals on Kowa scopes. I would love to pick up a TSN-773 angled scope but they are a bit too expensive.

So there I was and what do I see but a Brand New TSN-773 for sale from Japan for $200 plus $75 shipping. It was for the body only and was a BUY IT NOW. just too good to be true so read the fine print right? New in the box, reputable dealer, 100% positive rating and has sold over 8,000 items. The fine print stated buyer Gould be responsible for and customs or duty fees. Hmmmmmn, how much is THAT you have to ask yourself? Spent the day trying to figure that out but finally said the heck with it, just buy it and see what happens!

Went to buy it and the auction had been closed by the seller. Damnation, it was a real deal, just misprinted at listing. Doh! I’m gonna be thinking about that miss for awhile! He who hesitates is lost...

Good topic for a thread! Anyone else have “misses” like that (on anything) they would like to share? Getting it out can be therapeutic...

Cheers!

Wade
johnl

Re: Screwed the pooch on Kowa TSN-773 deal!

Post by johnl »

Trigger1212 wrote:

Good topic for a thread! Anyone else have “misses” like that (on anything) they would like to share? Getting it out can be therapeutic...

Cheers!

Wade

Hey Wade, I used to belong to the “you snooze you loose club”, but I found as I aged, if I want it I’ll get it (within reason of course). Life is too damn short.
Trigger1212

Re: Screwed the pooch on Kowa TSN-773 deal!

Post by Trigger1212 »

Dang, dead post! Was expecting gobs of stories of missed opportunities. Guess you all are faster at “pulling the trigger” than me!

Cheers!

Wade