raton

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ksbreed123

raton

Post by ksbreed123 »

if one decides to try his luck at the nationals what would be the procedures so he wouldn't feel lost
Don McDowell

Re: raton

Post by Don McDowell »

Find one of your friends or neighbors, or someone you've shot with before to go with you. It's usually better to shoot with someone you're acquainted with. Other than that it's like shooting any other match.
Call the Whittington on or after Feb. 1 to reserve housing, or rv spots if you want to stay there.
Send in your entries when they become available.
Be prepared to have a good time.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
COBPTR

Post by COBPTR »

You might want to find a Plan B for housing at the
Whitington Center.

Robert G.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'll be trailer trash again this year. Nice and quiet and close to the ranges. My first Nationals in 99, I was an orphan. They hooked me with the Forcum's. Great people. Best to bring a friend though. Other than that, it's pretty much straight forward. Come and enjoy.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

As stated, get on the phone on Feb 1st and keep trying. It is like trying to get concert tickets but persevere. I have been able to get through on about my 3rd or 4th redial in the last couple of years and that's from down here. :D
While the Founders Cabins are about the best place to stay, ( and impossible to get ), the competitor housing is comfortable and more than adequate.
Staying "on site" makes night time socializing a lot easier and proximity to the range can't be beat. :wink:
There aren't really any "procedures" to worry about, enter online when entries open, turn up and register, get a feel for the range on practice day and then just enjoy shooting at one of the best facilities in the world. (With the added bonus of being surrounded by fantastic scenery.)
Come along and join us.

Daniel
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia