First effort loading 45-70 with BP...

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lumpy Grits

Re: First effort loading 45-70 with BP...

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Trusty Dog wrote:Wade, I'm waiting for my Shiloh to be built. What edition of Black Powder Cartridge News was the article you referenced about developing loads for a specific rifle? I thought I'd try and get that back edition. While I'm waiting for my new Sharps I have another Pedersoli 45/70 that I picked up that someone who passed on ordered, and never shot. I'm reading your story with interest to try and duplicate the good things you did. Thank you for writing it. Jon
WELCOME! To the 'sicness'. :wink:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Trusty Dog

Post by Trusty Dog »

Thank you Gary.
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Trusty Dog,

It was the Fall 2016 issue #95 of the Black Powder Cartridge news. The article is actually titled "John Bodine Rolling Block Target Rifle from Davide Pedersoli, by Kenny Durham. Article starts on page 18 and the "Developing a old for the John Bodine Rifle" section starts on page 20. Hope this helps!

My load experiments are on hold for a period as I sent my RB breech block to Crossno to have a rimfire firing pin made to use with their liner. My cf pin was hitting so hard it was tearing the rim of the case and gas was coming out the back of the block when shooting. Hope to be back in the saddle in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Wade
Trusty Dog

Post by Trusty Dog »

Thank you Wade, great help. I hope you're back up and running soon. Happy Easter! Jon