drill press wad cutter

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

arnie

drill press wad cutter

Post by arnie »

Does any one still make these ? I need one for a 40 caliber rifle .
parkergunz

Re: drill press wad cutter

Post by parkergunz »

I've got a Lee Shaver 40 cal drill press wad cutter. I purchased it from BACO a number of years ago. It's no longer in the catalog. You might want to call Lee Shaver and ask if he still makes them.
arnie

Post by arnie »

Lee does not make them any more . I thought there was some one else that made them .
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Arnie,

I highly recommend the Fred Cornell wad cutters for you loading press rather than a drill press cutter. BACO sells them for both .45 & .40 caliber. Fast and easy to punch out fiber or poly material. But possibly I'm telling you something you already know & you prefer a drill press cutter.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Fred Cornell the way to go quick simple worth the money
arnie

Post by arnie »

I have a Cornell but prefer the drill press type as it cuts the side of the wad straight with out that roll over edge .
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

arnie wrote:I have a Cornell but prefer the drill press type as it cuts the side of the wad straight with out that roll over edge .
Arnie, I know what you mean. I generally purchase vegi wads from BACO or John Walters, but when I use the Cornell cutter I always try to orient the wads the same way, especially when using poly. I don't know what type of cutters John Walters uses but it's most likely a punch-type since his vegi wads are slightly larger (~.003" larger) in diameter on one end over the other. I don't orient the vegi wads the same since it hard to see the differences but poly wads have an easily seen wider edge whether purchased from BACO or cut out with my Cornell cutter. I don't know if consistent orientation makes a difference but it make me feel better about my loads.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com