Loading for Raton

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Loading for Raton

Post by TexasMac »

Just finished casting, lubing and loading 200 cartridges for the upcoming large bore scope silhouette matches at the NRA Whittington Center near Raton. I've mentioned before that I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting but 200 is pushing the enjoyment envelope. All told it's near a full days work. Of course I did not do it all on the same day.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Clarence

Re: Loading for Raton

Post by Clarence »

Almost there, 2x. I have my cartridges loaded, and have all the match ammo for my grandson's rifle loaded, but we will finish loading his practice ammo today or tomorrow.
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

It was 108 degrees today in the Austin Area. Boy, I can't wait to get to Raton with forecasted temps in the upper 70's & lower 80's.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
BFD

Post by BFD »

Beware, the weather has not been living up to forecasts.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

And a bit of wetness, as well.
400+ rounds for both scope & irons. Hope we get that practice day (supposed to rain) tomorrow.
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'm way past the loading stage and have progressed to the unloading stage. :roll: Been in Raton since Sunday. :lol:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

And, thanks to Woody I have a new-to-me 45-70 High Wall, enough lead & tin to add to what I've got to get me through next season and a Garrard 401 plinth. Can't beat that. Did some practice unloading at the big-bore range. 6min of windage on the rams.

Plus, someone told me Woody shot quite well in the big-bore lever-gun match. 1st place was it? Good shooting.
Glenn