Search Don't Work

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

Search Don't Work

Post by Coltsmoke »

What is wrong with the search part of the forum, I can't get it to work?
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
semtav

Re: Search Don't Work

Post by semtav »

Works for me but it's real picky what you can search for . Simple words and calibers don't work. I just looked up "nibbing" last night and it worked fine.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Google's search engine works much better for searching the Shiloh forum.
Griff

Post by Griff »

Michael Johnson wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:34 pm Google's search engine works much better for searching the Shiloh forum.
I'm bringing this back to life because I didn't know how Google's search engine worked when trying to search one website only. I did some researching and this works for me. Maybe it will help others here too.

If you go to Google and enter the search terms that you want to use, followed by "site:shilohrifle.com/forums/", it will limit the Google search to the Shiloh forums only. This has been a lifesaver for me as I'm still trying to learn from everyone here and was getting frustrated when "common" words were excluded from my searches.

Griff

P.S. Using my handy tip above, I came across an older post where someone provided this custom search. It works even better:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00882 ... oagmmgcm6g

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
Bob B.

Post by Bob B. »

Thanks!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -B. Franklin.