Saved Again by the 22 lr.

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Saved Again by the 22 lr.

Post by Glen Ring »

Today we had our second BPCR match at the Oklahoma City Gun Club. I Pushed the wrong button and ALL the targets, 4 banks each, stood up from 50 to 500 meters..which I thought was kinda cool, but Gripey Gripperson said all those targets Distracted him. Jeanne had told the shooters we were shooting two relays, I had said four relays..mass confusion.

I started off poorly and it was just a bad shooting session...so at the end of the match I asked the guys if they would pull out their 22 rifles we would have some play time.

300 meter bowling pins became boring, so we shot 1/5..yes 1/5 scale rams at 300 meters !!! Man did we giggle every time we hit one.
2/5 scale chickens at 200 meters were being dumped easily so I set up 1/10 scale air rifle pigs at 200 meters.
Those thumb sized pigs flew feet into the air when we hit one at 200 meters and we were all transformed into 10 year old boys and girls again shooting and laughing.

A not so good morning was turned into a FUN afternoon. I think I'll carry a bucket of air rifle targets and my 22 every time I go to the range.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Woody

Re: Saved Again by the 22 lr.

Post by Woody »

Sounds like fun Glenn. If you work the full size turkeys at 385 meters, you can "walk" them off the rail eventually. With a .22 that is. :D

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Glen Ring

Re: Saved Again by the 22 lr.

Post by Glen Ring »

Woody
It's amazing watching a bunch of grumpy old guys turn into laughing 10 year old boys when they start plinking with their 22 rifles.
I think it takes us back to shooting turtles and grasshoppers with our Grandpa.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.