Why you should be in Raton with pictures

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Michael Johnson

Re: Why you should be in Raton with pictures

Post by Michael Johnson »

Nice looking 22s in the rack! Thanks for the pictures Brent.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Man that is some tasty looking food that you folks are enjoying. Good to see that you are eating that well, I love duck.

And some fine looking 22's in the rack.
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

I'd go there just to eat, might shoot if I had to :lol: :lol: :lol:
BFD

Post by BFD »

Gussy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:56 pm I'd go there just to eat, might shoot if I had to :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are catching on. And we haven'tpa gotten to the antelope and goose.

I've run out of data usage space or whatever. This has killed my ability to upload photos, so I apologize for not posting photos today.

Today was first day of .22 BPCR. Shooting was great, of course, but really fun was a shoot off among juniors, after the match. Joe and Carol Scott's granddaughter won a new CPA .22 rifle after shooting 10 turkeys in a row. It was a pretty awesome shootoff.

Y'all need to be here.
BFD

Post by BFD »

I think I got a couple images up.

Woody shooting's something. Probably rams. He got a bunch.

Some more clunkers. One thing about .22bpcr is that there a so many amazingly beautiful rifles. Much more so than any regular BPCR or BPTR match

Vance Ballew

Post by Vance Ballew »

Brent,
Y’all eat like kings! I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone. Nice pictures but they just don’t do Raton justice. You have to see it for yourself. See you next year Brent.

Vance Ballew
BFD

Post by BFD »

Yes we do eat well. Last night was pheasant, quail and wild oyster mushrooms in a wine and cream sauce.

Last two days of lever gun, then it is time to head home for 50 weeks until we do it all over again.

Beautiful sunrise this morning. Wish I could upload more photos.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

TNX again Brent for the pictures you did post :!:
Maybe, after you're back home and time allows, you could post the rest of the pictures.
Have a safe trip home.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

I also appreciate all the pictures that you were able to post gives a good hint of the lay of the place, and the flavor ! :D

I would also like to see more pictures when you get home, and good luck with the lever action shooting.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well it's time to say goodbye to my "Once a year friends." Finished the final Lever Gun match today. Al Sledge, Brent Danielson, Michael Rix, and I finished up today. Last night, Michael brought some ribeyes and baked taters. Lois boiled up some fresh sweet corn, and Al baked a cake. Appetites were lost and nobody was complaining. Been shooting since the 26th of June. Ammo is running low, so I guess it's time to start for home. Til next year.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

At least the bad luck waited for the return trip. Left Raton yesterday morning to beautiful weather. Had a trailer tire give out just North of Amarillo, TX. It was the same one that I had pulled a nail from two weeks ago. When it blew, it took out the fender skirt and lower trim. My guess about $400 ish worth of damage. Ate lunch in the parking lot of Discount Tire in Amarillo. Will eat breakfast in the parking lot of Discount Tire in Shawnee, OK. Blew the second trailer tire during the evening rush hour while going through OK City. That was the front tire on the same side as the previous flat. This one took out the trailer brakes on that side. I rewired them, but they still don't work. No panic stops the rest of the way home.

"On the road again!!!!!!"

Woody

PS: Charles, I think you are still in the lead for this year. LOL
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Woody I hope that the rest of your trip is better and a safe one.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Between Charles and Woody my RV and tire stocks have far surpassed Trump's economic record. :lol: :wink: ..................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
CO

Post by CO »

Yep, still in the lead. Picked mine up in Knoxville 2 weeks ago. Cost, almost 1100.00. I did learn that Tennessee has a program for helping with damage caused by their s——y roads. Filled out all necessary paperwork. Now it goes for review and they will let us know in about 6 weeks. Regardless, I enjoy the traveling, shooting, and visiting old friends. Worth the money at twice the cost. CO
CO

Post by CO »

Yep, still in the lead. Picked mine up in Knoxville 2 weeks ago. Cost, almost 1100.00. I did learn that Tennessee has a program for helping with damage caused by their s——y roads. Filled out all necessary paperwork. Now it goes for review and they will let us know in about 6 weeks. Regardless, I enjoy the traveling, shooting, and visiting old friends. Worth the money at twice the cost. CO