Cartridge case dryer

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Re: Cartridge case dryer

Post by mdeland »

Sounds like a crow, they will pick up shiny stuff too. Just goes to show what you get for cleaning your brass! Leave it grungy like real HE MEN instead of shiny like Girly MEN ! :lol: That ought to light the fuse! :lol: :lol:
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

The Chief wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:51 pm I put some 45-110 brass outside in the sun to dry and came back to find 3 of them missing. I think the ravens got them.
Lee
In Arizona that should take all of 45 seconds.
jaybuckler

Post by jaybuckler »

I dry them after wet polishing on an old bath town shoe shine method to get water off. Throw them on an old cookie sheet in the over 250F 1 hr. Nothing else to buy or store.
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

In my first couple of years competing at the Nationals at Raton, re-loading every night meant washing cases by hand and then into the oven for 10 minutes,. I believe some Texans we were sharing the wing of competitor housing with may have been delayed from having their supper once or twice by me using that method. :lol:
At home, it's out of the tumbler, rolled around on a towel, then upside down in the rack to drip dry, in the sun in summer, in front of the fire in winter.
A mate made made these up a few years ago, stainless, holes cut with laser. .38 - 40 cal on left with .40-70SS cases, .45 on right with .45-90's
drying racks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Now there's good idea!