New Shiloh,thanks Lumpy!

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jakeleg

New Shiloh,thanks Lumpy!

Post by Jakeleg »

Hello,to all and just wanted to say Hi and thank you for all the information this forum provides.I received my Shiloh 45-70 Montana rough rider,with mva buffalo rear sight and mva globe,a couple weeks ago and although it’s been a very busy around here,we have had a fair amount of rain,so I’ve got to load and shoot her a little bit at my range on the farm.I want to thank Lumpy,as he recommend a Shiloh,when I was first sniffing around at this bp stuff.Anyhow thank you all and your help is appreciated,right now I have only shot 62 grains of old e 2f in virgin brass,and 68-69 grains in fired brass,I found I have a lot to learn with sight selection as my targets are fairly small at my home range and my eyes are not cooperating although I did make 2 first round hits yesterday morning before work at 450 and 532 yds. Love the rifle and love BP. Thanks Lucinda for getting me fixed up and the nice gal at mva,I can see another Shiloh in my future if the Good Lords willing.https://shilohrifle.com/forums/download ... ew&id=2846
7612C535-55E9-48B0-8988-630EEB015391.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Distant Thunder

Re: New Shiloh,thanks Lumpy!

Post by Distant Thunder »

That's a lot of rifle there, Jake, and a mighty fine looking one too. Shooting black powder single shot rifles has held my interest for the past 30+ years, it's a great sport and I hope it's the same for you. :D
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

The hook is set :!:
Kiss your savings account ba-buy :lol:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Jakeleg

Post by Jakeleg »

I can see that I have approx 150 rounds down it and I am hooked already thinking I need a 45-90,Lumpy you need to make a trip up north and shoot at my range and give me some pointers :D ,I have no one local I know of,I’m already trying to plan a trip out to Big Timber and meet Lucinda and the gang thanks for all your help
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Wow, when I was his age, I couldn't afford a Shiloh................... :wink: ............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Jakeleg

Post by Jakeleg »

His dad really couldn’t either but life is too short and I hope he can carry on with this sport he is a shooter