Patches

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Patches

Post by Glen Ring »

What is your range policy reference BPCR patches left at the line or near the cleaning area?
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Woody

Re: Patches

Post by Woody »

It's your litter. Pick it up.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

We were weed eating and cleaning the range up yesterday. We emptied several barrels of trash and just in front of the line, pile after pile of dirty patches. There was a BPCR Silhouette match sat.
There's only one person that we can think of that still does that. He's told me he leaves them so the birds can make nests.

I have considered saving his trash for a summer and then dumping it all out on his front yard with a note " It's for the birds."
TAA

Post by TAA »

At our club we have a small container on each range where shooters are supposed to deposit used cleaning patches. The county collects the patches and then bills the club for the supposed weight of lead on the patches.

I dont’t play the game with the county “officials” and help them penalize the club. I take them home and toss them in our dumpster.

They don’t seem to care about the spent primers on the floor.

Tom
TAA

Post by TAA »

At our club we have a small container on each range where shooters are supposed to deposit used cleaning patches. The county collects the patches and then bills the club for the supposed weight of lead on the patches.

I dont’t play the game with the county “officials” and help them penalize the club. I take them home and toss them in our dumpster.

They don’t seem to care about the spent primers on the floor.

Tom
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

At our matches at Harris, MN I do not remember the last time the RSO had to make an announcement regarding patches left at the line. Usually, someone on the line will notice when somebody forgot to get their patches picked up and either reminds the shooter or picks them up themselves. Between the spotter & the shooter the patches get picked up eventually.

Keep on hav'n fun!
MikeT
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

most do at our range..one or two still drop their patches..spent primers...That's another issue i don't understand.
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Why would anyone allow shooters to wantonly leave dirty patches laying around?
How hard can it be to pick up one’s patches?
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Simple ... empty rectangular plastic food tray with lid in front of muzzle. Push the wads into it - replace lid when done shooting and dispose wads in the dumpster
Regards
John
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I agree John.
We have had one shooter tell us he NEVER picks up his patches because birds build nests out of them. Jeanne wouldn't let me pick up and save his patches. I was going to deliver a summer's worth of his patches with a note " you're right, an ostrich made a nest of these in your yard '