Shiloh brass

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kmk

Shiloh brass

Post by kmk »

My shooting partner and I recently found a great bargain on some 45-90 brass, 647 cases to be exact, for the lordly some of $100.00. There were 417 Starline cases, 215 Shiloh, and even 15 Bertram. Does anyone know who made the brass for Shiloh? The majority of the brass looks really good. Some of the Shiloh brass has sort of a coppery look and has been full length sized to almost look like a belted magnum. Thank, Ken Kurfurst
semtav

Re: Shiloh brass

Post by semtav »

I also have about a hundred rounds of Shiloh brass but in 45-110.
Never have figured out who made it. only issue I have with it is the rim is slightly thicker and won't chamber in my current 45-110
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

I think that red willow armoury built my 50 shiloh brass but that was a long time ago.
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
kmk

Post by kmk »

Thanks for the replies. Some of the rims do look like they were pried in with the breech block, maybe a little soft too. Red Willow rings a bell, didn't they make a Ballard? Ken K.
longshot10x

Post by longshot10x »

Hi, I think A-Square made the brass. I have box of 40-Sharps 2 1/2" but had trouble blowing primer pockets out.
Some where ok some not. So I put them away for the cartridge collectors of the future.
Well boys lets go do something even if it is wrong!
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

It was A-square, like most things it all started out good and then went to crap, so we discontinued it.
Chief Beck

Post by Chief Beck »

Who made the CSA stuff? I purchased about 60 cases of their .45 basic back in 83' just shortly after Shiloh made their move to Montana. I will have to look I might still have a few cases left if I didn't cut them all down to ,45-90.

Dennis
"40 knots, no smoke"

"By God Woodrow; it’s been quite a party ain’t it?”