Bore Pigs - How do you use them during a match?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tasmanian Rebel

Re: Bore Pigs - How do you use them during a match?

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Take it for what it's worth. Dan Theodore used to tell me he did not use MP-7 due to being toxic and he did not like to even get on his hands. I don't know what chemical in it he was talking about though. I did OK with using NAPA cutting oil and plain tap water and never did visit using the MP7. Also a gallon of that cutting oil would last me several years and was not expensive.
Keith Lay
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Mpro7 does chew on my hands a bit

Charlie for what it’s worth the Desert riced patches I have left are still damp but the container really isn’t e posed to direct sun
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Thanks Don, and all the others.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Am still using GG bullets and a single Arsenal patch wetted with water/water-soluble oil (~7/1) between shots. However, between strings I run a single bore-pig thru the barrel twice and it does a great job of cleaning the bore. No more scrubbing and whatever between strings. Just the bore-pig with the same oil/water mix and its ready to go. Amazingly easy. I like easy. Will give a try to running the pigs between shots at the next match. Hopefully it will do as well for me as it has for Woody. Can use all the help I can get.
Glenn