Forming a Black Powder Shooting Organization

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Forming a Black Powder Shooting Organization

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Jay is a hell of a great guy, but I doubt he needs any nomination from you mr Ring.

As for the air rifle thing, no exposed hammer no correct sights, no period correct scope.

In otherwords damn little to nothing pertaining to this forum. In your hubris, you think the world revolves around Silhouette, in the Bpcr world it occupies only a small percentage of the game which you are completely oblivious too. The lack of replies should be all the clue you need.

Maybe your Championship can be a postal match between you and MD. Cause only you two are very excited about it. And that whack job won’t come to the states.

In the winter we shoot 22 out of a heated building, no air rifles.

Get a grip your slipping ring, your image post on the John Gage topic to The fellow with his wipers, need fixed. Makes you look dumber than you already are.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kevin
Come over to our facebook page " Oklahoma Steel shooters". We are a bunch of positive ( and mature) folks that love love shooting anything that impacts a steel target.
We have IHMSA shooters, NRA silhouette shooters and now air rifle shooters. We're here to promote any kind of steel target shooting.

BTW crosman has a Quigley Bucket challenge using an air rifle !! Check this out.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... kT8WFHkyZT
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Any progress made towards forming a new BPCR organization?
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Biggest progress was Glen Ring getting his ass booted from this forum..

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

I, for one really take exception to the rule that your rifles MUST have an exposed hammer.
As you all know, the Martini's , the Sharps Borchardt, Farquharsens (cum Ruger No 1) etc ARE ALL 1800s PERIOD DESIGN rifles.
I have seen in local Non-registered matches that there is no particular advantage shown that the hammerless
early designs have over the hammer guns.
beltfed/arnie
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Referring all back to the original post.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

And this one from August 30, 2021:

by desert deuce » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:59 pm

From KW's post above:

"We are on our own now. With committee changes in the future, this discipline will be governed by the shooters, for the shooters. We can take it wherever you guys want to go..."
Jonathan Leighton

And I believe that was in April 2012 when Jonathan was NRA Coordinator for Black Powder Target Rifle. He knew then we are on our own.

Those that are ignorant of history are bound to repeat it. And it was August 2012 Dennis Willing came to Raton and all that seemed to be on his mind was if National Championships don't maintain 50 or more shooters NRA will cease to sponsor, that he said to a full room of shooters as I recall 62 or so in number present.

Shortly after that Jonathan was gone from NRA and we got Barry Ranney and Greg Connors.

Then fall of 2015 or 16 at the Black Powder Committee Meeting Dennis Willing said he was giving me about six weeks to move Black Powder Target out of the NRA, that he wanted it out of the NRA. Later he said he wasn't sending Staff to Raton twice in one year. Subsequently the move of Silhouette out of Raton, and go ahead and think anyone engaged in competing should think favorably of competitions and NRA in the same brain fart. You are delusional. Whomever is employed by the NRA will do the NRA's bidding. Period. Willing skillfully used divide and conquer, two silhouette Nationals, one East, one West, (suggested my noted competitors) combine winners of those two to decide the National Champions at a third venue, to be announced. To be announced never happened. And, since Ridgeway by comparison to Raton is commuting distance from Virginia for NRA Staff, the Nationals have ended up at Ridgeway. Divide and conquer worked because the shooters did not stick together.

So, if anyone has any memory at all, and discernment, Willing was on the road to ousting BPTR when he took over in 2012, and did cancel one Nationals before reinstating it at the last minute when awards from the previous year were presented. Yeah but, he also had silhouette on his mind for the near future. We can, too late, look askance to those fellow shooters that facilitated these moves without disclosure to our group as any future movement is contemplated.

AND, to point out the 2,000 pound Gorilla in the room, suitable ranges to conduct "quality" matches on is a problem. Pitiful few for target, and a slowly diminishing number for silhouette. The control of and ownership of ranges is also a consideration. For the most part, both Target and Silhouette are somewhat at the mercy of whomever schedules the ranges and if 429 F-Class shooters want Ben Avery in November they will edge out anyone else vying to use that range promising fewer numbers. Essentially that is decided a year in advance.

Geography anyone, no target matches at Ben Avery in May-October, too hot. No silhouette in Missoula Nov-April, too cold. I've heard it all, "Oh, it's too far. There's nothing to do there but shoot, there are no motels "close by" etc, etc, etc..." Then those shooters that want you to accommodate them don't show up for the match when you do and then wonder why Match Directors do listen to those that do show up and shoot.

We are at a critical moment in history. What the reality of the moment is changes from day to day currently. Will something like normalcy return, if so when? Nobody knows.

I see going forward for at least a year anybody that wants target and silhouette to survive better do a bunch of showing up and shooting because those that are fighting what you are unaware of going on behind the scenes need to know you support these matches so they will continue to put on matches through these trying times.

You have been advised.
Glen Ring
Post by Glen Ring » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Kevin
I forgot to mention Jay Butts...he's about as enthusiastic as anyone and a damn nice fellow.

I have to back up what jackrabbit said...ideas are a dime a dozen. Implementing that into action is another thing altogether.

How bout let's try this airgun thing as a trial run. BPAR. We have been shooting today and I can tell you shooting an air rifle set up for a scaled down version of BP silhouette is a hoot.

BPAR. I'll keep the stats( Because some of us can shoot a course in the yard) and we'll give that a trial run. Heck, I'll even buy the first Grand Slam award and send it to #1.

We have a FB page. Oklahoma steel Shooters. Shoot it, post the results and I'll keep that data base. NO CHARGE, NO BOOK TO BUY.
A bunch of BP shooters shoot air rifle in the winter. The field target guys LOVE to shoot outdoors so let's draw from that pool and maybe some of the air rifle guys/gals will give BPCR 22 a try .
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.