RCBS Matchmaster

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kwilliams

RCBS Matchmaster

Post by kwilliams »

Any one been using one for dispensing black powder? I have been using the Chargemaster and it works fine, except for the slow dispensing.....way slow on big charges. The new Matchmaster is supposed to be much faster to throw the same size charge. Sure is pricey though. I have my set up on a grounded mat and a ground strap around the hopper.
kw
bpcr shooter

Re: RCBS Matchmaster

Post by bpcr shooter »

you can change the speed on your chargemaster.... just google it. I changed mine and its a lot faster now.

Ex. I let mine run at the higher speed longer, then drop right to trickle.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

Wow.....never figured the set speed could be re configured. Will definitely check it out!
thanks
kw
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

I should clarify that....the dispenser wont spin faster but you can make it spin fast....longer to get it closer to your weight before slowing down. making it....faster :D
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
BigRick52

Post by BigRick52 »

kwilliams wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 am Any one been using one for dispensing black powder? I have been using the Chargemaster and it works fine, except for the slow dispensing.....way slow on big charges. The new Matchmaster is supposed to be much faster to throw the same size charge. Sure is pricey though. I have my set up on a grounded mat and a ground strap around the hopper.
kw
I did for loading rounds for nationals. I had to set it at powder level 4 and it worked good. I didn't set it for Match mode just normal.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I have one and it works great. As noted above it has 4 different speeds it can dispense powder at, you pick the one appropriate for what you’re doing. It was pricey, but in the end I think it’s worth the price.