.45-100-2.6 Smokeless Loads?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunlaker

Re: .45-100-2.6 Smokeless Loads?

Post by gunlaker »

Paul the really high octane stuff is through the roof. Last fall I paid $185 CDN for a 5 US gal pail of VP c12 for my little Chevy II.

The only "upside" is you can at least put marked gas into a snowmobile or atv.

Chris.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Chris, I can't imagine that. Is that the equivalent to what I mentioned? I know there were restrictions on who could buy AvGas back then. You weren't supposed to get it without a pilots license but my neighbor parked his float plane on my waterfront and I would pick it up for him. :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: The compression in that SSR was so high it was the only way to keep it from exploding before the spark.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

DeadEye wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:00 pm Chris, I can't imagine that. Is that the equivalent to what I mentioned? I know there were restrictions on who could buy AvGas back then. You weren't supposed to get it without a pilots license but my neighbor parked his float plane on my waterfront and I would pick it up for him. :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: The compression in that SSR was so high it was the only way to keep it from exploding before the spark.

Paul
It's similar but just a little more octane than aviation gas. I think there are still rules like that in place. A couple of years ago the government attempted to ban all racing gas because it's still leaded. We seem to have won that one so far.

Chris.