Natchez has BR2.

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: Natchez has BR2.

Post by desert deuce »

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... ndustries/

New kid on the block, how long before bigger interests blot them out?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

desert deuce wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:58 pm https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... ndustries/

New kid on the block, how long before bigger interests blot them out?
Hopfullly that will flood the market and lower prices of other primers but, Im skeptical at best about that. If.....they can keep stock up and on shelves it would be a good thing for us.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
tx74sharps

Post by tx74sharps »

My Son-in-law just bought 1 million rounds of .223 and 9mm ammo. It is expected that ammo prices will increase 80% by the end of the year due to a shortage of ,you guessed it, primers.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Does anyone on this forum ever engage in the "What If's" of our time?

As in, What If much if not all of what we see and hear on television and read in newspapers is designed to divert our attention away from other things that as Americans we really need to know more about. Remember Russia, Russia, Collusion, Collusion and how that dominated the news then Pandemic, Pandemic, and today Ukraine, Ukraine, dominates the news while America's borders are wide open, etc? Or the overt attacks by both the Obama and Biden regimes on the Second Amendment while promoting Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory, as sort of under the radar?

Does anyone remember similar trend in primer shortages under the Obama daze?

Then of course there is the economic excuse that demand exceeds supply which is essentially what we are hearing the most of now.

Then, What If, one day in the future it is discovered that totally by a computer and combined logistics glitch gazillions of primers were diverted to various long term storage facilities and now with the aid of freedom loving politicians this "oversight" is corrected and wah lah they claim they have solved the supply end of the shortage?

Ever hear of, "Nothing is ever the way that it is made to seem?" Ever hear of Hunter Biden's laptop, or Nancy Pelosi's lap top. Ever wonder why you are not hearing about some things at all and other things nothing but?

Remember Paul Harvey's The Rest Of The Story?

Hopefully you are not unaware of the possibility that we are being intentionally lied to about many things.

Do you suspect that one day we may find out the rest of the story about a lot of things, among them primer shortages?
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Oh you mean like the controlled pricing on Computer RAM back in the '90s. I 'needed' more RAM for my first computer and the best deal I could find was 470 miles away. No online ordering then so we jumped in the car and drove it, made a short holiday out of it. I was happy to pay $450.00 for 8 meg of RAM times 2 for $900.00. Then around 2000 it was discovered that the manufacturers were controlling the supply to artificially inflate the price. A couple months ago I added 16 gigahertz (2000 times more) to this computer for $72.00.

Or do you mean the way Canada artificially keeps the value of our dollar at around $0.78 so that we can sell to the rest of the world including the USA while of course we sell our standard of living down the drain along with the natural resources we have. I call it the National Subsidy. With inflation running at over 6%/month and our debt nudging a Trillion I expect $0.78 is over inflated. What do you expect with a Prime Minister who stated ''the budget will balance itself'' and a Finance Minister who has no education or background in finance.

Or do you mean like Gerry Diaz needing to resign as the President of the autoworkers union, Unifor, for taking a $50,000 kickback for promoting the use of masks among his members. He forgot to share it with his assistant and she turned him in.

I'm with you Zack.
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
bdelatorre

Post by bdelatorre »

Over the many years, we have seen shortages of primers with a myriad of explanations. Those explanations were many times accompanied by a lot of conspiracy theories that ran amuck. However, please do not overlook the obvious, the ability of a corporation to make more money if they can. Let me quote the recent business wire: "With our recently announced price increases for ammunition and primers expected to offset higher commodity and other materials costs, we expect Winchester second quarter results to be similar to first quarter 2022 levels. Overall, we expect Olin's second quarter 2022 adjusted EBITDA to improve sequentially from first quarter 2022." This was posted a couple of days ago. Folks, this is all about corporate profit.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

As Gerry McGuire said, "Follow the Money."
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

"With our recently announced price increases for ammunition and primers expected to offset higher commodity and other materials costs, we expect Winchester second quarter results to be similar to first quarter 2022 levels. Overall, we expect Olin's second quarter 2022 adjusted EBITDA to improve sequentially from first quarter 2022."

First quarter January 1st to March 31

Second quarter April 1st to June 30

Seems to me that was written to current and prospective investors that would be exposed to that information because of where it was published. It says nothing about supply, just prospective profits. Probably written by their lawyer staff and approved by the CFO and whichever government agency controls their licensing. (Yeah, that is how it works folks.)

Looking at the first and second quarter numbers supplies no encouraging information as what it essentially says is, same old same old or expect the second quarter to be about the same as the first quarter. If you didn't know when the concurrent ammunition and component supply went south,(with all domestic and foreign manufacturers at the same time), you wouldn't know when it began and subject to disinformation about the situation.

No, I am looking for that magic moment when those shutting down supply are out of elected office. Not before.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Licensing? It is instructive to know that the ammunition manufacturers in the USA are allowed to operate as a monopoly, because, at the stroke of a .10 cent Skillcraft ball point pen their entire ammunition production can be switched to government demands and the makers have no say so in the matter. And, in may not be error to suspect that importation of such items is also government controlled.

When dealing with the government you may find it informing to think and research outside of the box provided at their convenience.