My BPCR shooting totals

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

My BPCR shooting totals

Post by TexasMac »

I keep a spreadsheet of all my BPCR reloading so it was easy to totaled up everything since I started silhouette shooting in late 2012.

It’s been 11,000 rounds down range (10, 974 to be exact) to date between the Browning 45-70 (602), Browning .40-65 (7513) & Sharps .40-65 (2859).

So that’s 11,000 primers, 100lbs of powder & 736lbs of lead alloy. BTW, I’ve never had a split or damaged case and the .40-65 Remington cases have been shot approximately 50 times each since I rotate through 200 cases, but they're annealed after each match.

I know I’m anal but I enjoy keeping track of it all in a spreadsheet, which I can refer back to in order to determine how the ammo was loaded if any questions come up or if one batch shoots significantly better than another.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
ian45662

Re: My BPCR shooting totals

Post by ian45662 »

How does one go about making such a spread sheet? I am terrible at keeping notes but I would really like to get better at it. A more organized way to keep data.
Distant Thunder

Post by Distant Thunder »

I think I'll start working on being more organized too, next year right after I get this procrastinating thing under control. :shock:
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder
DAVE ROELLE

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

That's downright SCARY Wayne

I'm organized well enought to load for the next match, and that's sometimes a burden of anxiety hoping I don't forget anything 🥴

Dave
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

ian45662 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:18 am How does one go about making such a spread sheet? I am terrible at keeping notes but I would really like to get better at it. A more organized way to keep data.
You'll must have & learn the basics of one of the computer, web-based or cloud-based spreadsheet software program. There are several available. Some cost & some may be free. I use Microsoft Excel which came with Microsoft Office.

There's also Google Sheets which is a cloud-based program, Calc which comes with LibreOffice, the web-based program called Zoho Sheet & the spreadsheet in OnlyOffice software suite which I believe is cloud-based.

If the above reads like I know what I'm talking about it's only because I just Googled "spreadsheet programs" & the above info popped up. :lol:

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com