The wait begins!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MSalyards

The wait begins!

Post by MSalyards »

I just scored a antlerless moose permit after 21 years of putting in. Gonna try it with the 110 :D :D
pete

Re: The wait begins!

Post by pete »

Congrats. that's great. Hopefully you can get one with the Sharps because that would be extra cool and a good story,
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

When is your season? Would love to hear the post-hunt story.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Season is now , Oct 1st - Nov 30. Been huntin a lot and only seen 1 so far and she was travelin in the trees and I never saw her again. Dust was thick up until today, we finally got rain and cool weather. Headin out the first of the week and hopefully get the job done.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Nice long season... I like it! We got quite a bit of rain and snow the last 24 hrs in western CO also, hope the moisture does the trick for you. Good hunting!!
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

Your just looking in the wrong place. I had a bull and a cow in my back yard earlier this month in Green bluff eating my apples.

Dave
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

No, my tag is for the wrong place. I have moose around my place too. Im also in 124 and my tag is for 117. It took 26 years to draw a tag and my first preference was 124.
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

Good luck on your hunt. To bad you didn't draw 124. Do you shoot down at the Spokane rifle club? That is where I shoot my mid range matches and practice. I also shoot Mica.

Dave
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Some years back we did a lot of work for BPA up around Colville, Wa. and every morning headed up to the BPA repeater site we saw moose on the fire road going in. Not sure where you hunt, but sure looked like the Colville area had moose.