Proud dad...

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Poison Slinger

Proud dad...

Post by Poison Slinger »

The hunting story is to long to post here, but I'll direct you to the Black Powder Cartridge News (Summer issue) that SPG puts out. It has a story on my daughters first antelope hunt last fall ("A special Season in the Field").

Needless to say, proud papa here and glad to share her story with other single shot shooters.

Rick Patton
Cody
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

I have read your article in "The Black Powder Cartridge News". I was extremely impressed by a talented young lady with the ambition to become so proficient with a rifle, and by a talented and caring father who spent the time to teach her and then go out and share the time and experience. What a great moment for her when she havested her first antelope. I know it was somewhat of a disappointment to you that you were not right at her side when she took it, but think of the sense of accomplishment and pride for her in that she was in the positition to do it. She made the judgement call and she did it. It is ENTIRELY hers. And as I think I recall you commenting in the article, a memory you will both treasure the rest of your lives. I love that journal, and I believe yours is the greatest article I have ever read in it. Thank you for sharing what has to be one of the greatest experiences of your life.
Lee Stone
abenson

Proud Dad...

Post by abenson »

Rick,

I read your article...great times :)

I'll be taking my daughter after her first whitetail this fall in PA, can't wait for it. She's been shooting for about a year now and enjoys it quite a bit...is looking forward to the hunt.

My son is jealous, but he's not old enough to get his license yet.

Nothing makes it special the way doing it with the kids does :)

-Adrian
A gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone.

Sporter #3 in .45-70 w/ 30" standard weight barrel, semi-fancy wood w/AA finish, pewter tip, steel buttplate and bone & charcoal pack finish.
pete

Post by pete »

Poison that was a good story. It is more fun when someone you care for takes an animal. By the way what kind of powder is s***less? Just joking.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I think he left a letter out, it's supposed to be s****less, stinkless!! LOL.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Poison Slinger

Post by Poison Slinger »

...a guy can proof it a thousand times....

Actually my wife was the first one to catch that. She said something like "I bet that stuff stinks when you shoot it!"

Thanks guys for the comments on the story.

Rick
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Dear Poisonslinger

Rick, keep up the good work! Great article and great family!

Steve