looking forward to moose season.

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

looking forward to moose season.

Post by mdeland »

Getting excited about our coming moose season again and will hopefully be going with my son-in-law who is flying C-17s all over the place now.
We will be floating the 40 mile again and have some new territory to explore. I'm gunning for a nice black bear as well as moose this year as I haven't killed one in a while and would like to try rendering some bear oil for my muzzle loaders. We need the meat because my deer is about gone and Scott has an up and coming family to feed as well. I sure would like to get him on a nice bull for his first kill.
He said Kalahar Afaganhistan , or how ever you spell it, is something else. It is a real wild west town as every body packs there. A case in point was while standing in line to get a Burger King everyone was in body armor, had web gear, grenades and M-16s slung over there back.
I got to go aboard one of the C-17s yesterday with Scott and look around the cockpit controls and play around with the HUD a bit. That is so cool to be able to see all vital instruments displayed right on your windshield as you look forward. Pretty impressive for a cargo plane. They gross close to a half million pounds when loaded with fuel and cargo. I just don't see how you can hang all that weight from aluminum wings, propel it 500 mph and keep it from falling apart in the air, amazing.
I guess the word is "engineering".MD
jdb3

Post by jdb3 »

Makes my days in a C130 look down right ancient. I'm going to Togiak for moose this year with my new 50 2 1/2. Can't wait! Jim
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin.
airboatpete

Post by airboatpete »

I drew an Archery tag for the Fairbanks management Area and my step-son drew a once in a lifetime Youth Moose tag for the Delta Bison Management Area. He can shoot a Spike/Fork, 50" three brow tine or a cow. Should be lots a meat in the freezer this winter.
Shoot Fast and Shoot Straight!