Hey guys, Headhunter here.

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Whtbear

Post by Whtbear »

most of the trappers's accounts of the fur trade mention that 'catamount' (mountain lion) was the finest tasting meat of the land. Funny, buffalo was not thought of as very tasty at all, but good for you so eat it if you had to.

African lion taste very similar...every year a friend of mine has a party called the mystery meat party...we have had some unusual flavors over the years.
Sure, this ol' girl only has one pill, but she speaks with authority and she hits hard...real hard. Ain't noth'in ever got back up.

Clifford Galbraith
45-2.1 #1 with 30" 16lb Bull barrel
NRA Life
USAF Retired (March 1972- July 1992)
Headhunter

Post by Headhunter »

Smoke eater,

Thanks a bunch. It is my pleasure to serve you guys. I have about 10 days before I leave. My wife has been working me here on this farm like a Hebrew MULE. A LOANED OUT Hebrew Mule! Trying to get everything done before I head out.

I will be serving with a Combat Engineer BN. Combat Engineers are always in the $hit. I can hack it. I have been training 23 years for this tour and believe it or not, I am excited and ready to go. It is coming at a perfect time in my life if there is such a thing.

Once again, Thank you very much for your prayers and support.

You guys are the best.

Josh (Headhunter)
AKA SFC Woods
Jim Kidwell

Hey guys, Headhunter here.

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Keith,

"... the best tasting wild game I've ever eaten was mountain lion."

You need to see a Doctor........... :) :) :wink: ..............Jim
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

:D :D :D ... See you in Jawga in a couple of months Jim.
Keith Lay
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Jim, Marsha signed the papers a few years ago to have me committed but the shrinks decided I had a personality disorder which by definition is "lifelong maladaptive behavior" which unfortunetly responds poorly and is not amenable to medication. I compensate by by taking a sip or two weekly of some Jack Daniels. I sometimes substitue this with some Maker's Mark if I'm anywhere near those Wyoming ruffians.
Keith Lay
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

One of the best meals I can remember that looked like someone puked in the pot , was a rack of rolled up, fresh kill ,Dall sheep ribs boiled in a pot with cut up onions, salt and pepper added.
I looked at those buggers a bubbling in the brown scummy water and about gagged. My old sheep hunting partner who was I think 76 at the time said, " you just wait and see"!
Three of us ate the whole bunch and wished for more. I really like Dall sheep meat just about anyway one wants to cook it. MD
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Doc Keith,

Please refrain from using those long, big words. Some of us don't have a clue as to what you are referring to! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best, DB
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

HH,

Thank you for your service, and stay safe. I'll be praying for you and your family. Also, take some good pictures to put on your website when you return. God Speed.

Regards
Bamadep

Post by Bamadep »

HH, God speed and keep safe. I will be bouncing around that area as well as others over the next year PM me with your info maybe we will end up in the same place at some point.
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

Why, I believe I'm feeling a bit maladaptive myself. Hopefully I'll find my malaise also amenable to a bit of tug on the jug therapy.

cheers, :wink:
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.