Hmmm.......I do believe...

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Hmmm.......I do believe...

Post by RMulhern »

I detect something different in the air! The last two mornings I've walked out early ITS BEEN COOL! The dreaded RH hasn't been present and it's now 1100 hrs. and still cool air blowing here! I do believe Fall is just around the corner! The corn has been harvested on my place

and I no longer feel as if I am in prison; surrounded by a wall of corn! Any coydogs moving about now across these fields are in extreme danger! Today I'll reinstall the hunting sights on my rifles and I'm looking forward to being BIG MO bound before long! Won't be long now!!

:lol: :lol:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I was just thinking the same thing Rick. I felt that little nip here just yesterday and the fireweed has already gone to seed which is another indication.
My son-in- law the C-17 pilot and I are talking about renting a Cessna and flying the drainage we want to hunt next month.
We will use our rafts again and as there are caribou ,moose and bear in the area hopefully we can fill a couple of freezers.
I sure like raft hunting because you can go in comfort and eat out of a dutch oven. Plus I just like being on the water and moving through new country each day.
We usually pick up a few grayling or rainbows for a nice meal as well.MD
fatbelly

Post by fatbelly »

Rick

Wishing I was packing my rifle and coming with you. Must be great setting off for a hunt in early fall only having to worry whether you've packed enough ammo and skeeter repellent. Have a good trip mate, put one down for me! :wink:
I had a dream ... but I forgot what it was about!
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

[quote="fatbelly"]Rick

Wishing I was packing my rifle and coming with you. Must be great setting off for a hunt in early fall only having to worry whether you've packed enough ammo and skeeter repellent. Have a good trip mate, put one down for me! :wink:[/quote]

Chris

They're still selling aircraft tickets to the USA! Grab one to Jackson, Miss., pack a little gear and bring ya arse on!! I've got all you'll need here in the way of hunting gear!

It's your show mate!! :lol:

I'm quite certain IMac can do without you a few days!! :wink:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
fatbelly

Post by fatbelly »

Yeah I wish! :roll: First semester starts next week and we'll be knee deep in the youth who are our future!!! :shock:

Hell, we're in trouble!! :lol: :shock:
40-70SS

Post by 40-70SS »

I just got back from 3 weeks in South Carolina and it even felt like a little fall on it's way there as well.Some of the Sweetgums have some yellow and orange on them.The whitetails are fat and shiny,Okra not puttin' much out lately cool weather shuts it right down.(I don't eat Okra).I must have saw 200 deer and 400 Antelope between Sheridan and Buffalo(WY) on my home from the airport.Sheridan WY has the coolest airport in the country,2 gates they use them 1 at a time, 5 people including TSA.The gals at the ticket counter land the plane when it comes in. :shock:
fatbelly

Post by fatbelly »

Please pardon my bad manners, I should have said many thanks for the invite Rick :D That's two in as many years and I'm really grateful. If ya'll don't get blown clean into Missouri by the whupnaders this season maybe I'll make it over there one day.

Just seems life is getting in the way of having fun of late (read: last three years or so) and now my busy time at work is upon us. Fifteen hundred teenagers will now descend upon our college and they will all need something!! That's what I'm there for. :wink: C'est la vie!!