You skin Grizz Pilgrim?

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

You skin Grizz Pilgrim?

Post by RMulhern »

You could turn this big behemoths heart into mush...and he'd still run 100 yds. and take ya head off with one swipe!! :shock: :shock:

There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

I find it quite interesting how well the environmentalists know so much about stopping such bears with a can of pepper spray. They have obviously never seen a real charging bear.

My son lives in Alaska and works for the Forest Service. When He goes into the Alaskan Jungle, he doesn't go alone and they take Winchester Model 70's in 375 H&H Magnums to quell any bear disturbances. Furthermore, he was trained with a 375 and not pepper spray.

I have stopped a couple myself, one in Montnana...

One in Alaska...

No pepper spray on these adventures.
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Johnny B. Good

Post by Johnny B. Good »

WOW!! Them trophies are just "PURE DEAD BRILLIANT" :wink:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Yes sir, that is a real bear! If you ever get to Kodiak there is a nice hotel just across the parking lot from the small airport with a cannon barrel in the front yard. Inside they have some old photos of bear kills on the Island.
There is one of a skinned Brown that covers the whole front of a cabin and is the biggest hide I have ever seen. I won't even venture a guess to it's size but it will make your jaw drop.
The interesting thing about Brown bears is that the little ones can kill you just as easy as the brutes if 6 to 7 footers can be called little.
I remember while hunting on the south end of the Island at Alatak a couple of year ago, the cannery proprietor had a nine footer in his chicken coup one night helping himself. John said he dened up in the old incinerator out back of the buildings after tearing off the iron door.
I jumped him the second day out while going up to recover one of the deer I had killed the evening before. He had not found or disturbed my kill though which was a good bit higher than where we bumped into each other on the edge of an alder patch. I'd guess he was 75 to 100 yards distant but caught my scent and stood up to get a look see.
They get trained to the sound of gun fire in the fall and will come and clean up the deer guts and skin. MD
JAH

Post by JAH »

Hey Mr. Stovall

Did you here about the Grizzly captured just outside of Loma and the 4 bears near Simms. Maybe we'll be able to hunt them again. Well, one can always hope anyways
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

There are enough Grizzlies to hunt in Montana right now and everyone knows it. I am amazed that the wolves ever got to be hunted at all. Maybe there is yet some hope to re-establish the Grizzly hunts here in Montana. I hope it happens again...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!