Photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RMulhern »

Photos please!! I need to see PHOTOS of this stuff you guys are having to 'butcher out'!!

Come on....get with the program!! :lol: :lol:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Mulhern

Look at good eats and good eats II, what else is there. :lol:

Stephen
nineteen76

Post by nineteen76 »

Rick,
Good eats-3...... from the Black Hills of South Dakota!
Three cows in 4 days October 1,2,3 and 4.
Nasty weather helped reduce these to posession.
No head gear, our tags were for cows only......gonna miss that antler soup!Image
Brent

Post by Brent »

That looks to be a rather good sized cow!

congratulations!
Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
nineteen76

Post by nineteen76 »

Brent,
Yes, she is a big cow. I shot one about the same size but had no camera with me. I was alone and can tell you packing one out 3/4 of a mile on your back will test a 51 year olds meddle.
This was my nephew Colters (shown giving his dad a big hand!!) first elk hunt. He wants to do it again........................go figure!!
Chris
Brent

Post by Brent »

Well, it looks like you have a good supply of young muscle to help out. That's an asset you have to take full advantage of. I'm 51 too. I'll be packing on my own pretty much. Next year, maybe an AK moose even. I've packed elk several times now. I know what its like. :)

Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Now thats alot of meat, good job to all.

Stephen
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

No you don't Brent, wait till you get a big bull down and load up 100- 125 pound rear quarter on your back and start down through the swamp hummicks and alders in your hip waders! MD :lol: :lol:
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Opening day of deer...... too long a of a story to type.......

Also photos of Alaskan and African hunts:
Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

:wink:
dalejw

Post by dalejw »

Image Image
this is my first bull ever, taken with 45-70. What a great day. :D
Brent

Post by Brent »

Nice! Looks like it was a nice day, bull or no.

How about some more details. Looks like very open timber where you are hunting. How high? Was this an ambush or stalk? X-sticks, offhand? Sure wish I had been out there, but tell us the story and it will have to do.

Like that sling. I use one just like it myself.

Brent
dalejw

Post by dalejw »

Brent this was a beautiful day the sun had come out, it had snowed that morning. I was at about 6500 feet just on a (what I call a walk-about), that is I did'nt really know if there were any elk in this area. I spotted him just as a flash in the trees and the stalk was on. It is amazing how far these animals can travel just grazing along. Anyway I thought he might have spotted me and ran, but I went down to where I had spotted him and picked up his trail. After about 300 yards I spotted him again so I dropped to my knees and walked on them to get into a better posititon. Well after a few minutes he offered me a shot which I hate to admit but I missed :oops: , I was shaking like a leaf in fact as I write this I still am shaking. He ran a few steps and the next shot he fell. What a day :D
dalejw

Post by dalejw »

Also it is open timber and off- hand. Wish you had been there to the drag was ..... well trying but I would'nt give it up for anything.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Cool story. That's exactly the sort of hunt that gets the blood flowing. I've done it a number of times, skirting a herd in open timber and working for an angle. Trying to keep up when they seem to be crawling along, but having to almost trot after them.

I love the smell of bull elk too. Nothing quite like it. But if I'd been there, there would be no dragging. I bone them on the spot. Dragging is way too much work for lazy low-landers like me. :)

Enjoy those steaks. Sounds like you earned them.
Brent
pete

Post by pete »

dalejw; Real nice elk, good story and a nicely done photo. But c'mon it couldn't have been that much of a challenge....he's got a halter on with a rope on it. :)