BPCR Outfitters

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kodiak

BPCR Outfitters

Post by Kodiak »

Does anyone know of any outfitters that provide western big game hunts just for BPCR users? I've seen some advertise that they guide for Mzl-loader hunts, but I've long ago given that up. Thanks for any replys,

Kodiak
Jim Swanson

BPCR Outfitter

Post by Jim Swanson »

I have a friend that is a professional New Mexico outfitter/guide that I can highly recommend. While he doesn't offer special hunt packages catering only to black powder cartridge hunters (because in this part of the country he'd starve to death), he will most certainly accommodate a hunt with a Sharps type rifle. His camps don't have a 5 star rating because he hunts from sun up till sun down to get hunters a shot. He mostly hunts the Black Range in Gila Wilderness in southern New Mexico. He hunts off of mules for lion, bear, elk, deer and, when the opportunity presents itself, buffalo. He loves old guns and carries an old Winchester 94, 1895 or his favorite, a .450 Alaskan.
His name is Mike Root. He can be reached at 505-743-2026. Oh, I almost forgot. His hunts are reasonable in price.
Tell him I sent ya.