Never would have believed it

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TSafly

Never would have believed it

Post by TSafly »

As I was driving Home from work, I find a Deer in the field right by my family farm 300 yards from my front Door. It is a very nice Buck and a Doe. There were cars and trucks all over, watching it. I go to the house and get my bow and walk down the ditch get within 20 yards and stand up to see them the doe spooks and runs off 1/2 mile to the other side of farm. I drive close and park on grave road, then I walk out in to the field hunched over walking toward them when I get around 200 yards I make some grunting sound and a few bleats. I keep moving closer. I was at 70 Yards and they ran off, I repeated this for 30 min, getting within 60 yards 4 times and every time they ran off a little. So I sat down, and keep grunting and making a bleat sound. the Doe couldn’t take it she keep walking back to see what I was( I was still in my work clothes and a black Carhart coat with only a bow 3 arrows and a range finder ) she lead the buck back to 40 yards in the middle of a picked soybean field no coverImage
Todd Safly
RMulhern

Never would have believed it!

Post by RMulhern »

Bucks are just like men! STUPID galore....when thinking with the wrong head!!
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Jeff Bryan

Post by Jeff Bryan »

Great Buck! Nice shot! You did it right and capitalized on the opportunity! Good job!

I have 10 bow kills from a little over a year of hunting in Texas, so I can appreciate what you did and how you must feel. Jeff
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

TS

That's a once in a life time deal, I've bowhunted for 20 years and have never had the chance at a whitetail like that. Good for you.

Stephen
Brent

Post by Brent »

That is a damn nice deer, but you were supposed to herd it up towards my house damn it!

Congratulations!
Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Brent

Post by Brent »

Must have been one of those ever so rare Judas does. You need to hang a collar on her so you can find her next year too.

I've done the bare corn or bean field stalks many times, just like you, hunched over and never directly at the animal. Works pretty well, but I haven't worked it to bow range distance.

I love the symmetry and size of that buck. Hope his big brother is about 3-4 miles to your west. I'll be out there in a month....

Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
pete

Post by pete »

He's a nice wide buck. Congrats. Those girls can get you in some trouble.
mannyspd1

Post by mannyspd1 »

Beautiful buck!
Speak softly and carry a big stick...the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis
TR
Headhunter

Post by Headhunter »

Man, that is awesome! You did GOOOOOD!

HH