A Note to my Friends

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deerhuntsheatmeup

A Note to my Friends

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Well, ole Barvid is doin' OK.

Leaving tomorrow to go hunt wild hogs with the bow fro a couple days in south LA, and MS deer season with rifle starts here Saturday. Lee and I are after a couple of great bucks, but we will see, they did not get old and big by being dumb! Redneck is coming over to hunt Middle Fork Creek with me 1st week in December, and says he gonna bring me some PP rounds to shoot thru ole Rusty. I really looking foward to that. Both the visit and the PP bullets!

Doc Lay has had another great year, and I am so proud of him for that, he has worked sooooo hard to get to this level, and many good shooters have been a positive influence on him. He is a World Class friend!

The Southeastern Reg Match was a great one! I so much enjoy the company of the shooters there, it rivals Raton in my book. It was such a pleasure to sit beside ole pizen slinger in the pit's at River Bend, as well as so many others. We renew our friendships there each year it seems. It was good to see TD Gazaway getting around at a decent pace also, he is a good friend, and Steve is as well. I can't say enough about ALL then great folks and Nat'l champ calibre shooters that shoot at River bend in the fall, you should all try it sometime. Jim does a great job!

I had a nice visit with Kelley in GA., him and Doreen and two of my favorites! Dan T as well. Especially the deer steak dinner together before Dan left for home. I wish I had all night to mention all the friends and shooters that have wished Kim and I well this year, all my friends have been such a blessing. You know who you are.

I'll sign off with this, Bless you all, and may your freezer stay full, your house stay warm, and your friends prosper with you!

Best, Barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Barvid,

Great to see you posting again! I've missed them, as well as shooting with you.

If I ever finish my building project, I will make the Southeast Regional. We're pouring foundations today.

Say "Hi" to Lee and the others from MS/LA.

Clarence
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Clarence,

Will do, I plan to hunt with Leet some next week.

I killed a 150lb boar with my bow today, neat deal! Dang a muzzy broadhead does some damage! And, the front shoulder blades won't stop a arrow @ 290fps, blows right thru them. Gonna bee some good eatin for sure.

Best, Barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Hi David,

If you plan on making any sauage add a little beef fat, then the sauage won't be so dry. Even add some spices.

Kelley O.
13Echo

Post by 13Echo »

kelly,

Telling someone form South Louisiana to "add some spices" is like telling everyone else to breathe.

Jerry Liles
Jerry
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

13 Echo,

And David being a master BBQer I should have know better there too :wink: :lol: :lol:

Kelley O.