MVA and my .45/110

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

MVA and my .45/110

Post by RMulhern »

Got tired of rolling PP today so since I've never installed my 23" MVA scope w/Mil-Dot reticule on my Shiloh .45/110....I did just that! Zeroed it at 100 yd. using a 550 gr. Brooks PP bullet that's moving out at about 1375 fps. The first dot down from the main crosswire is dead on at 150 yards and the 2nd dot down puts the bullet to impact to center at 200 yards. At 200 yards I got tired of putting one bullet atop the other so I went home and poured myself about 4 fingers of FAMOUS GROUSE!! Finally it's gotten somewhat cooler and with the wind blowing it was cutting right through me!! No gripes about this scope! It works good!! Now I gotta find out tomorrow where I've got to make an adjustment to for 300 yds. because I've seen a rather nice 4x4 whitetail that's been coming out at that distance from my stand but it's been so dark when he finally moved out of the thicket that I haven't been able to see him well enough to tell if he's a shooter now....or needs to go another year! :lol: :lol:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
mannyspd1

Post by mannyspd1 »

Rick,

Sounds like a good set up and flat shooting compared to my 50 load. My first dot below the crosshair is at 150, the bottom dot is about 175. You have another 25 yards!

Where are you at 100 with the main crosshair?

Manny
Speak softly and carry a big stick...the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis
TR
RMulhern

Where at 100?

Post by RMulhern »

mannyspd

It's zeroed to hit center at 100 with the crosswire at center!! :lol:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
mannyspd1

Post by mannyspd1 »

Rick,

Flat shooting! You should be good to 225 or so with a top of the back hold, depending on the size of the animal your hunting?

Manny
Speak softly and carry a big stick...the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis
TR