Outdoor Channel

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Outdoor Channel

Post by RMulhern »

I get a 'hoot' out of watching this channel at times! Last week there was a program showing about Ole Tom Knapp down in I think???....Argentina hunting for Red Roe deer. Well....this program...if you could read twixt the lines was sponsored by Benelli....and they sent Ole Tom down to the low country to promote this new semi-auto rifle that they're making! Well....they've got Ole Tom.....sitting off in this pine thicket watching a whole herd of Roe bucks that are a blazing 110 yards distance....and mind you....Tom on his 'hunt'....has about 5 folks along with him and that's what's known as...in the southern United States as a gang hunt....which I won't even think about going on....but this here folks is a 'hunt'....apparently Argentina Style.....even though you'd never have to 'cut a sweat'! Well....Tom gets his shooting sticks ready to bust one of these Roe bucks....makes the shot and the camera just happens to show the rifle firing from a slightly frontward view of Tom's face and the rifle's action and when the shots made....IT ALSO SHOWS.....Ole Tom reaching up to the 'charging lever' and pulling it back because THE ROUND DIDN'T EJECT!! I dang near fell outa my chair laughing because I was thinking at the time that the Benelli engineering crew DID NOT MEAN FOR THAT TO BE SHOWN!!

A whole helluva lot of these shows are...as I stated...a REAL HOOT!! One would think that...from watching the shooters shown that they've never had any training reference marksmanship at all because they can get into some of the most gawdawful positions to make a shot that would lead one to believe that it's the first time that they've ever been exposed to rifle shooting!! But by golly....you know that something's fixing to happen when you see 'em close that 'non-aiming eye'!!

Hellsfire....give me a 'satchel charge' and a helicopter and some hogs running and a sack full of hand grenades anytime....over these 'pen shoots'!!

:lol: :lol:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
oh-behi

Post by oh-behi »

I saw that one also. I still think you need a G.E. Mini on the chopper.
Read the story in this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/20 ... guest1.htm

Pretty much sums it up.
"For those who will fight for it..........FREEDOM..........has a flavor the protected shall never know."

L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft, B Co 3rd AT's, Khe Sanh Combat Base, February, 1968
Bad Bill

Post by Bad Bill »

Nice story; well written. Only maybe the ending needs to be changed as this is a "sports" show, not a "maniac on the loose" documentary.