Buffalo Hunt

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bad Bill

Post by Bad Bill »

Sure, MD, you are right -those ranch buffalo have it good. Good feed, free medical care, and security. Sure beats being on their own in the wild. Also, I'm betting they are better eating than some skinny half-starved wild buffalo. (no doubt some will dispute this).

The whole idea here was to have a bit of an adventure without paying a fortune to a game farm - if a buffalo ranch that allows shooting can be called a game farm of sorts.

I'm not against game farms or hunting on one. I'm not even against shooting one in a corral. However, tracking a buffalo that has a head start would be a different type of adventure. Personally, I see nothing wrong with taking him out into BLM or FS land - out away from everything. Sure seems to get the hair up on the back of some guys.

So, Okay, how about we release him on grandpa's 50 sections (with permission) and try to find him the next day - on foot. Does that make anyone happy?
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well Bill you are getting closer. First you need a certified disease free buffalo an then have it delivered to Grandpa's 50 sections, didn't know you had a Grandpa with 50 sections all buffalo fenced. If you don't your right back to what Don McDowell told you. I am surprized that you are not up a little better on buffalo issues. You one them people that advocate the Buffalo Commons idea? Maybe you ought to go pound on some ranchers door and talk him into selling you a grass fed steer. so you can process it your self first and hey maybe if you get to know him a little and don't piss him off,maybe he would let you hunt his deer. Might be the cheapest deal, bill. If you got have adventure maybe you ought to sneak on to one of the reservations and shoot one of theirs without bothering to make arrangements :shock: Better take plenty of ammo though they are right partial to their property. New Years coming up Bill don't drink to much. bobw
Bad Bill

Post by Bad Bill »

Well, bobw, where I grew up everybody had 50 sections. Nearly everyone. Thing is, not many trees in West Texasz. I knew a guy there that was one of the first guys what raised buffalo for meat. Everyone thought he was crazy for trying. I even got to pet his buffalo. That's because my sister and his daughter liked to ride their two donkeys. Lyndon and Ladybird were the donkeys. That's about all I know about buffalo :lol:
Jim Z.

Post by Jim Z. »

BOB

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBAD!

:D
Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!