Grandson #3 Part 2

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Grandson #3 Part 2

Post by RMulhern »

Connor strikes again! My 8 year old grandson 'lowered the boom' to this 5x4 Missouri whitetail last date. He was sitting in my lap to make the shot and he did a good job as the buck went right down when hit...... never to move again. You should have seen the smile on his face when he turned and looked at me after the shot! Man....what a thrill that is for me! Continuing marksmanship lessons for all 3 grandsons will continue and we'll be looking forward to the 2010 hunting season. This hunt was made on the Youth Hunt which is a two day deal so today was the last day. Number 2 grandson, Connors brother Britton was along on this hunt but he's somewhat perplexed that he didn't get a shot this time. He's learning a very important aspect of hunting aka that PATIENCE is highly required!! It was -7F in Sumner when we made this hunt!

There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Rick,

Maybe your grandson could guide me on my first whitetail hunt!

Amazing!
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
RMulhern

Good shooting.....

Post by RMulhern »

requires adequate sleep! Connor makes certain he's adequately rested.....while I watch!!

:lol: :lol:

He also makes certain he has an adequate supply of 'Honey Buns' in his backpack for snack time!!
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Well, that's special alright. I've got two granddaughters so far and neither one is interested in the outdoors. Just curious how many people have daughters or granddaughters so inclined? Also, according to the Wyoming Fish and Game there are fewer hunters each year because the young are not replacing the old... We're an endangered species! :shock:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
RMulhern

How many?

Post by RMulhern »

Marathonman

I have two granddaughters; one 12...the other 16. The younger is already being trained in marksmanship and she's hunting with us but she hasn't been lucky enough at present to collect her first buck! The older is showing some interest in shooting so I think she will come around pretty soon! All of these grandkids are highly competitive; play baseball, softball, football, basketball, and betwixt all those and other school activities....well....things kind of get 'jammed up' for time allotted for range activity!! Hunting and shooting isn't a hobby in the South; rather it's a WAY OF LIFE!! :lol: :lol:
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Rick, Another nice deer! It's great that you're able to spend that time with your grandchildren!