Hunting the American bison

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bobw

Post by bobw »

Damn it Bill, that is a 6x6 bull elk not a moose and it sits over my computer desk. (There are cabinets over the dish and laundry washers and those aren't places of honor). Among the other things I have on the wall are 3 whitetail shoulder mounts, 2 antelope bucks,6 sets of antelope horns, 5 sets of deer antlers , a flying mount of a Quill Lake Canadian Goose, 1 Bull Canvasback and a shoulder mount of a Rocky Mt Goat billy. Then there is the art and a few guns on the wall . And no it don't look like a house a woman trashed out with fooforaws and gewgaws or assorted other rubber dogcrap. Yes it is home sweet home and what you make it without letting other people dictate that to you. bobw
Last edited by bobw on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

I gave my son a 5' x 5' bear skin comforter and his wife said "Oh great, one more dead thing to hang on the wall" But she did say she liked it.
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

i notice this is under the heading of hunting, even though the word harvest is used in the writing.
it is also under hunting stories.
assuming blackpowder will be used to despatch this animal, this topic might be mre appropriate under blackpowder shooting.
bruce.
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

bruce m,

Nope. :wink: This subject has morphed as usual around here :lol: :lol: Just let this go were ever the rabbit trails leads it. :shock:

Kelley O.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Although almost everyone, especially the women, complain, I have the best mule deer(Arizona) I ever "harvested" hanging over my fireplace in the living room, and a huge Texas boar my youngest son "harvested" hanging on the wall on the other side of the living room, right above my two "Billy Dixon" trophies(Half-Dixon), which are large metal cutouts of a mounted Indian and are the only shooting trophies I have ever won. I have gotten many comments about how "ugly" the boar is. Gee whiz, if a man can't hang his dead animals in the living room, what's this world coming to? An extra plus for the boar mount is that young children are scared of it and won't come into the living room to pilfer through my "stuff."
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

I had a real estate agent throw a s**t fit when I wanted her to show my house with a bunch of stuffed bears and the like. However, not all women are like that. Take my wife for example. She hunts with me and likes the taxidermy we've put in our home in the last 35 years or so. It was her who insisted (bankrolled) my trip to Alaska for a record book Brown Bear and also insisted that we have it life size mounted by the best taxidermy studio in the business, see bankrolled above. No boys she ain't divorcing me so keep your shirt on! :lol:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
grumpy old man

Post by grumpy old man »

MY FIRST BUFFALO TAKEN TWO YEARS AGO PROVIDED A
PREMIUM ROBE-RUG FOR THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACEWHERE IT IS AVAILABLE FOR CHRISSING WITH THE HELP OF A GIRLFRIEND. THE NEXT ROBE-SKIN WILL BE ON THEWALL BEHIND MY BARWITH A EAUROPEAN MONT OF THE NEW BULL HUNG ONTOP OF THE ROBE, BELOW THE SKULL WILL Hang TWO SHILOH SHARPS , A rolling block, and a trapdorplus a couple of shooting awards(plaques) then the booze. it looks great in my minds eye.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Hey Grumpy, I want to see it when you get it done so please post a picture or two. Sounds like the beginning of a second Buffalo Bill museum! MD :lol: