A fun elk hunt

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

mdeland,
Come to think of it, there was some chili involved in a recent supper before the fateful morning...
And you know what? - My sister in law made it! Maybe she and my brother had something planned all along!!

The repair tape sounds like a fine item although I'm not sure I'd use it on clothing... has anyone had any experience with Gorilla tape, by the makers of Gorilla glue?
Brent

Post by Brent »

was using Gorilla glue this morning, taping up the insulation on my beehives. I would not rate it highly in cold weather.
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Brent,

If it was the Gorilla glue that foams and expands, I've found it pretty worthless for almost anything, unless you have a LOT of clamps. Much better off using Titebond III, which gives enough open time, dries relatively quickly in most temperatures, and is water-resistant.

Clarence
pete

Post by pete »

Celebrate your elk by getting new pants.
Brent

Post by Brent »

I meant to say Gorilla tape - not glue.

I have only used their glue once or twice - jury is still out on that.
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I've used their glue quite a bit and you must clamp it our the expanding foam will push things apart. It really holds things if you remember to dampen on both sides of what your are adhering together.
I wouldn't use it for gun application. Good Ole Elmer's wood glue is water proof as well win set up and I use it a lot when repairing stocks etc.
Truth is those pants need a good sail stitching awl to fix em proper.
That waxes braided nylon cord I have for my leather awl will stitch them permanently. The raft tape is just to get you home when you have a blow out. MD