Warm fuzzy feeling

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

madisonvalleywapiti

Re: Warm fuzzy feeling

Post by madisonvalleywapiti » Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Stephen Borud wrote:Ya life does happen and it ain't fair either :lol: . After shooting that moose I have longed to do it again, and I will someday, I've killed several elk, antelope,deer, bear, turkey, but there's something about a big old bull moose coming in to a grunt that is undescribeable, it gets the heart pumping. When I shot that bull at 12 yards broadside it absorbed and arrow and didn't flinch. I watched the blood pump out of his side, it was one of those HOLY SHIX moments. I hope you get to go next year, good luck.

Stephen Borud
Theres something special about getting in close and personal with game thats hard to describe. I once had a cow elk walk up to where I was crouched in some alfalfa while hunting whitetails. It was like having a horse sniff the back of my neck! It was an insane once in a life time event for sure!

Stephen Borud

Re: Warm fuzzy feeling

Post by Stephen Borud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 pm

MVW.

I had a similiar situation about 5 years ago, my pard and I had cow tags and we had 3 bulls and a cow across a canyon, we got on our cow calls going and the three bulls brought the cow across the canyon with them. I got set up on a knoll and waited, well as chance would have it the cow came up behind me about 50 yards and stopped but one of the 3 bulls a little rag horn 5 ran right up next to me. He couldn't of been a foot from me on the right side. I remember looking at his gut moving and listening to him breathe real heavy from running across the canyon. Good times.

Stephen Borud
RM1
Founding Member of the Bow and Arrow Death Sqaud.
The Big 50 it's what's for death.