Scouting

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kodiak

Re: Scouting

Post by Kodiak »

MM said it ,

" I'm an aging dinosaur in my family on the way to extinction. "

I have no family member or in-law or step-relative interested in our sport. If I'm not shootin' a whiz-bang wsm or the sort, or a rifle that fires 150 rounds a min., they won't take the time to speak.

Although, thru the years, I did sell one of them a proper BPC rifle ..... soon to be traded at a gun show for a bolt-action what-ever.

For some of us ,our days just might be numbered.

Jim
I don't always shoot well, but when I do there isn't any reason.
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Kodiak and MM

I have 4 boys so hopefully one of them will stick with it, time will tell.

Stephen
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Stephen,

Have you tested them to see which eye is dominant? I started testing my boys as soon as they could understand what I was telling them. Had one of each actually one right and one left eye dominant and both were right handed when it came to writing letters and such... One shot right handed and one left and both were very efficient hunters in their time.
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Marathonman wrote:Stephen,

Have you tested them to see which eye is dominant? I started testing my boys as soon as they could understand what I was telling them. Had one of each actually one right and one left eye dominant and both were right handed when it came to writing letters and such... One shot right handed and one left and both were very efficient hunters in their time.

MM

I know my 7 yr old is right eye dominate. My 5 yr old I don't know have not checked him out yet.

Stephen