Mule deer in WY

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Brent

Mule deer in WY

Post by Brent »

A friend and I have been planning an antelope/mule deer hunt in WY for this fall. We have the tags and were planning on going in mid/late October. But things change and our schedules get hammered in ways that we cannot control. So, we are now planning on hunting mulies in the beginning of October. And the only areas huntable with our Region E tags are areas 148, 171, 128. Effectively, the upper end of the Wind River Valley with the Wind River Mts to the SW and the Absarokas to the NE. I'm fairly familiar with the region, but not with regards to mule deer hunting, and this is not the type of country we had planned to hunt them in.

If anyone here has hunted that country or knows much about it with respect to mulies. I'd be happy to hear if they are all up high at that time, or if they can be found lower down in the drainages. When I have been out there for elk or field work of my own design, I don't recall ever seeing mulies or any sign of mulies in that country.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,
Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"