Wild Boar Opportunity

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bad Bill

Wild Boar Opportunity

Post by Bad Bill »

Suppose some of you guys saw this:
Mexican officials have unveiled plans to slaughter some 50,000 wild boars that have crossed the border from the United States and now threaten agriculture in Mexico.

The Ministry of Environment in Chihauha state said some 1,500 hectares (3,700 acres) of farmland in the border town of Ojinaga have been affected by the large number of feral pigs that have come from Presidio County, Texas.

"We must get rid of these European wild boars because they sleep overnight on US soil during the day and cross over to the Mexican side to feed," Ignacio Legarreta, a state official, told local media.

The boars of European origin, which were imported to Texas as pets and then replicated in the wild, have caused serious damage to the flora and fauna of the area, officials said.

"They have reproduced to reach more than 50,000 animals that threaten the area," said Legarreta.

The authorities intend to use cages with food inside to trap the animals.

What I don't understand is why they don't encourage hunters! Same on the US side.
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
bobw

Re: Wild Boar Opportunity

Post by bobw »

I dunno Bill, pigs are way to smart to break Mexican laws and illegally immigrate. I am sure they know bout them Mex jails.But maybe you are right, say that might have been what "O" and Holder were letting guns into Mexico for so they could protect their crops.What you think those cartel farmers were worried about their turnips and tomatoes or their grass? Damn Bill you allways got the inside track :o .Good thing them Texas boys don't grow nothing on the border or they would stay here and freeload on the government and US crops if they could find any :roll: . One other thought Bill, guy can't be to careful bout his sources these days. Did you get this story from the Texas Dept of Wildlife or just some left wing liberal newspaper article? :?: bobw
bobw
supersubes

Post by supersubes »

Wait, Mexico is upset about an unwelcomed group coming into their countryfrom the U.S. and causing a ruckus? This is a joke right?
Bad Bill

Post by Bad Bill »

The article was on the front page of Yahoo News yesterday.
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

First thing you know them 'wetbacks' will be putting backpacks on those hogs and exporting cocaine! Oh hell....more work for the BP guys!! :? :(
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
supersubes

Post by supersubes »

I know Bill, I was drawing comparisons with our illegal immigration problem.