This coming week

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

deerhuntsheatmeup

This coming week

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

i am taking a customer hunting this week. Not my favorite thing, I prefer to keep my business and fun separate. However, the customer is an OK guy, and we will make the most of it. One benefit is budget, the company is buying the gas and grub. We gonna have REALLY nice steaks!

Anyhow, I got out and shot my roller yesterday, it is on the money, and I don't mean money bullet. Lyman 457193 bullet over 70 grains of Swiss 1.5, it shoots fine. I hope to be able to report back here with some insight as to the bullets performance on thin skinned game. Also, I went out and shot 2 x 3 shot groups outta my Model 70 in .280 Rem and that gun shoots amazingly well, just spectacularly. I won't even say how good cause you guys might call me a liar. I will let the rifle speak for itself, if given the chance. I shoot a Berger 168 grain Hunting VLD at 2850 fps. It really shoots well.

Good luck to all you good folks hitting the woods this week, please be careful!

More later......to be continued

Barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
Brent

Re: This coming week

Post by Brent »

Good luck with the hunting. I know what you mean about mixing hunting and work, but hopefully, it will work out well.

Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Clarence

Re: This coming week

Post by Clarence »

David,

We'll be awaiting your hunting report. Good Luck!

Clarence