My kid's hunting exploits

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

John Bly

My kid's hunting exploits

Post by John Bly »

I tried to get my son Jacob to got to Jim Kidwell's match last weekend. He had exams at college but he was finished on Thursday and I said I'd pick him up Fri. AM and drive to GA, shoot the match and come home on Sunday. He said he wanted to come home for some hunting. So much for Herr Kidwell's match. He came home on Friday.

Sat. AM he went turkey hunting and had a very nice 8 pt buck walk by him at about 20 yds. He said it would have been the easiest shot of his life and he let him walk. He put a nice doe in the freezer when he was home at Thanksgiving. Shortly a coyote came along the same trail as the buck and he shot the coyote. It was a young female. At least she won't have a litter of pups next spring.

Today he went turkey hunting again. It was about 22 degrees and he hesitated here a bit before deciding to go. He was a little late getting to his favorite place and stopped before he got there. A flock of turkeys flew off the roost and came right down on top of him. He brought home a nice 16 lb Jake.

It looks as if he made a good choice. Jim, we'll have to shoot your match another time.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Jim Kidwell

Re: My kid's hunting exploits

Post by Jim Kidwell »

John,

LOL............Your son is filling the freezer. There is always a match to attend and we would welcome both of you anytime. Plus, we do not see many Maynard's and would like a show and tell some time. :) ....................................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
dennis g

Post by dennis g »

Hey John Bly,
Speaking of Maynards, did you get my illegal trigger pull on my Maynard taken care of? Merry Christmas buddy.
Dennis G
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Dennis, I've been wondering where that gun came from. I thought I might sell it. Just kidding, No, I've not worked on it, I'll have it for you long before shooting season. Merry Christmas.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"