Four Home Runs!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Four Home Runs!

Post by RMulhern »

We flew up to camp in Kansas this past Wednesday and all grand kids have killed their gobblers! Called up one yesterday for Connor (age eight) and he put the whammy on that one and he would have limited out today had he not missed the biggest Tom I've ever seen...from 26 yards! Tom had at least a 10" beard and would have at least gone 23-25#! Right now Connor isn't too pleased with himself!

Kidsturks by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Lazer

Re: Four Home Runs!

Post by Lazer »

Now THAT is pretty dang cool! Good job. I'm sure those hunts have to be about the best in your memory-bank.

L
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

Lazer wrote:Now THAT is pretty dang cool! Good job. I'm sure those hunts have to be about the best in your memory-bank.

L
Yep! It hurt me as much as it did Connor to have lost the really big Tom! That boy cried crocodile tears sitting in the blind! I told him...."there's two kinds of hunters that miss....those that have and those that will! Don't worry....there will be another day!" At age eight....he's of muscular build (plays running back on his school football team) but just hasn't learned yet how to 'run the gun' or knows just when to make the shot! But...he's learning...the hard way! :D
whoop-up country

Post by whoop-up country »

Chances are he won't miss next time. :)
It might not be as big a bird, but the big one he missed will be a lesson he won't forget.
I am sure Grandpa will coach him lots, and get him up to speed. :D
Besides he is only eight, and is doing very well for his age. :D

Bob.
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

Here's the little guy with his first gobbler! After I'm long pushing up daisies....he'll remember this...and the next day the BIG ONE he didn't get!!

Connorturk by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

That's downright awesome, Rick! I love the look on their faces, really proud. It reminds me of my boy's first two deer together on opening day of youth hunt many, many years ago. I've got two grandsons and one grandaughter now. They're in for a real treat landing their first Kings and steelhead. Just a few more years to wait 'til they're old enough.

Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.