Wyoming Draw Results

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Marathonman

Wyoming Draw Results

Post by Marathonman »

I'd rather be lucky than good they say.

Draw results for Moose are available. I applied for a nonresident cow moose with no preference points in a unit close to home. The quota for the draw with no preference points in this unit was only one tag. I checked the results online and yep, it was me! :shock:

Now the work begins trying figure out which Sharps to take on the hunt.

Dang the luck anyways! :lol:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
pete

Re: Wyoming Draw Results

Post by pete »

Congratulations that's great. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Watching the hunting shows it's obvious you'll need some of the newest premium factory ammo with high ballistic coefficient bullets. They're the only thing that'll work. :roll: I'm sure you won't trust your cast bullets. :lol:
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Pete, I only trust bullets wrapped in paper! :wink:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

WOW :shock: you are a lucky dog! Good for you! :D I think a 50 cal pp bullet would do wonders on a moose! I killed a 40" bull moose in North Dakota with a bow when I was 19! Its a once in a lifetime draw, I only put in once! :lol: There was a lot of pissed off guys in my home town! :lol: Excellent eating!

Stephen
bobw

Post by bobw »

Back in 95 I drew a General Season bull elk tag in Wyo with only about a 20% chance drawing so I went out and bought a lotto ticket but the luck didn't linger. 3 months later I went to get my mail at the PO and there was a letter from the GFP, Unsuccessful applications get you a postcard saying thanks for the $5 you didn't draw. I'd allready got cards on all the elk draws the only draws left were for Bighorn Sheep and Mountain goat, just about cut myself 3 or 4 times slitting the envelope open with my pocket knife. 1883 applicants for 4 tags in the whole state and with 9 preferrence points I'd drawn a OIL Rocky Mtn Goat tag. 2 minutes later I was buying a Powerball ticket but the luck hadn't lingered. Shot a spike bull in Wyo after 6 days a hard hunting in a unit with about 18% success we saw moose everyday and some nice bulls to boot. Shot a 9 3/8 x 9 3/8" billy a week later back in SD. So I put in for 1 of 4 NR moose tags in that unit for 96 and 5 people applied for them and I came up with the short stick. Year after that they raised the tag price outta my reach. Won't bitch about it though just the way it works sometimes. Good luck Marathonman, bobw
bobw
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Thanks guys!

Moose meat is the leanest of all wild game. It makes beef taste rancid by conparison and chicken breast taste down right oily!!

I drew a Colorado Moose tag back in 2007 with 6 preference points. In Colorado you have zero chance of drawing with little or no points. I like the Wyoming draws because everyone has at least some chance of drawing.

Stephen, I'm thinking that 50 you've helped me with will work just fine! Thanks a million buddy!!

:D

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Anytime!!! :D

Stephen