Wolves

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MMTC

Wolves

Post by MMTC »

So just in case anyone missed it, the deadline for any group to appeal the 9th Circuit Court decision to uphold the congressionally approved delisting of wolves from the endangered species list was June 12, and no appeal paperwork was filed, which means the courts decision can not be appealed to the Supreme Court. This is a little late, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Anyone have any wolf permits? Happy hunting!
MMTC
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
mt-tom

Re: Wolves

Post by mt-tom »

Go gettum boys! Save them elk!

Tom
gunplumber

Post by gunplumber »

i picked up 2 wolf tags, this year we can buy up to 5
MMTC

Post by MMTC »

gunplumber wrote:i picked up 2 wolf tags, this year we can buy up to 5
Hey gunplumber, i was just wondering where you got that info. Reading through the regulations yesterday, i came away with the understanding that we could only take 3, only 1 by hunting, 2 by trapping.
MMTC
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
MMTC

Post by MMTC »

You know what, you being from idaho might have answered my question. I was reading the MT regulations, not Idahos
MMTC
gunplumber

Post by gunplumber »

MMTC
i was a little supprised the first time i read it so i had to read it a couple times to make sure i had it right. its on pg 66 of the idaho regs.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

We are heading out again this Saturday for our traditional fall float hunt. Doing the 40 mile this year and will have the first three days to hunt moose which is only a four day season this year. Very hard winter and to many predictors. We can take five wolves and both grizzly and black bear with only a registration permit. I'm going primarily for meat but am going also to take some bear and wolf if possible.
I love these fall float trips as the weather is usually beautiful in the interior Alaska, the river full of fish and if we can just hit the caribou migration we will be in tall cotton. Not a whole lot of moose in the area of late since it burned a few years ago but they are starting to make a come back if we can thin out some of the wolves and bears.
I'll take some pictures if we see anything worth taking and post them when I get back.
I hate being a fish-a-tarian for another year and hope we can get into some moose and caribou for a change. If we find the caribou migration we will almost certainly see wolves dogging them. Mike
pete

Post by pete »

I just watched part 2 of the TV show "On your own adventures" and they were hunting wolves spot and stalk in Montana. They finally got one but they worked for him/her. Good show.