Elephant ( not the powder )

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

pacecars

Elephant ( not the powder )

Post by pacecars »

Has anyone successfully hunted Elephant with their Shiloh Sharps? If do what model rifle and what caliber? What bullet did you use? Since I will be selling my "one gun for everything" 9.3x62mm Brno I am thinking the .45 2 7/8 will replace it.
Real gun powder is black.
bobw

Re: Elephant ( not the powder )

Post by bobw »

Never hunted elephant ,never going to. Better things to spend money on.Better keep the 9.3 x62 Brno they don't grow on trees. Selling a gun or yours dreams for another allways leads to dissapointment and regret for it's loss in your life. Simple as that is it's a lesson I've occaissionally had to learn twice or more times. $250 is the price of a Shiloh deposit, 2 tanks of gas in a big pickup(chevy ,Ford,Dodge) 4 tanks in my Toyota Tacoma. That is how ordinary working guys buy Shilohs, some working guns and some "one in a lifetime guns". When you earn and sacrafice every bit of the money it takes to pay for the Shiloh you order, it becomes part of you and your life, it is no longer a tool to be bought and sold when another whim strikes you. My mortage is the 1 st thing every payday that I spend on for myself after Obama has greedily ripped me off in taxes and I've taken care of my CS obligation. Doesn't leave much for anything, I don't eat out much or go traveling all the time. Extra money on the principle of my mortage and maintenance on a paid for 95 Toyota Tacoma with 197 k miles on it. Some would look for another truck but having no payments allows you too save up the balance of your Shiloh. It has and did for me. There are others here who have done somewhat the same and there are guys on this forum who can buy what they want out of their left pocket and never miss the cost. A quick scan of Guns America, Gun Broker and classified sections in other forums will show you lists of Shilohs for sale. Some from owners who have passed on and estates are being settled. Some from people who made major mistakes in what they thought they wanted but really didn't need (stock wise and chamberings) or could live with. Lastly some who chased away one dream with another and will do it again. Some of the guys on this forum started buying Shilohs back in the early 80's and learned from their choice mistakes, they fully share that in advice if you are smart enuf to seek it. Really no excuse anymore for mistake guns if you ask advice from the guys qualified to give it. Read and learn all you can about Shiloh Sharps the different models and chamberings as well as the options that allow you to maximize your choice for its intended use. The wait for an ordered rifle is about 22 months last I heard and you can change it up to the start of production. You asked for advice 3 days a go, no one reponded till I did. My advice cost you nothing but has a value if heeded. bobw
bobw
Denali

Post by Denali »

Bobw,

Could not have been said better!

Mike
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

No deposit needed. Picked up the .45-110 on the used market.
Real gun powder is black.