Float hunt 2014

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Float hunt 2014

Post by mdeland »

Well, fiddle, no caribou , or bear yet. Did see a lynx and wolverine along the river bank . They seemed to be unafraid of the raft and allowed us to get with in about 30 yards of them before moving off.
Sure wished I 'd have had my camera out as both sightings occurred within 30 minutes of each other and these are two animals one seldom sees in the wild.
The caribou were simply not migrating yet and we were a full week later than when hunting them last year in this area,
We did see a truck with four sets of antlers in the bed but they most likely were from a fly in hunt at 40 mile air across the road .
We didn't see any one with caribou from the road or river system.
Still was a great time in the wild and glad we went. I sure hated to come home and could have easily stayed another week.
We took our shot guns this year and saw few ducks as well compared to last season although Chris did manage to down a Gadwall.
Just to early as neither the caribou or ducks were migrating yet. We did notice that the trees were still mostly green yet which is very unusual for this late in the season.
The temperature was down in the 20's most nights and we had quite a bit of frost so the caribou and ducks can't be far behind. Mike D.

jdb3

Re: Float hunt 2014

Post by jdb3 »

Just got back from our annual/semi-annual moose hunt. We both got moose, my partner a 56 and me a 44. Both were in excellent condition with lots of fat and no smell. Hope you have more luck. Jim
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin.
mdeland

Re: Float hunt 2014

Post by mdeland »

Nice going Jim! I sure like shooting and eating them but always groan when I think of the work ahead after they pile up! :lol: