Great bird hunt today

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gussy

Great bird hunt today

Post by Gussy »

Got out early on a very crisp fall/winter day. Walked my butt off. Dog worked his butt off. My partner got a nice rooster which he tried to give to me... :shock:

Great day came home from a nice hunt, nothing to clean. Take a nap. :wink:

Doesn't get much better :lol: :lol: :lol: (and I'm serious too!!!!)
cjensen

Re: Great bird hunt today

Post by cjensen »

A bucket of chicken would really top off the day!
13Echo

Post by 13Echo »

I love quail hunting. Long walks, watching the dogs work and the excitement of a covey rise. Doesn't matter if I actually get a shot, the companionship and getting away from work makes it all worthwhile.

More and more I've had to substitute birdwatching as the quail and the land to hunt on are just about gone. At least with birding there is no closed season, there is no bag limit, it can be done almost anywhere without worrying about someone calling the cops, and I don't have to clean the catch at the end of the day. It's hunting with binoculars. Do miss the dogs though.

Jerry Liles
Jerry
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

One bad thing, my dog waas limping on a back leg when we got home. I sure hope it's just a strain and not a hip. 3 year old Lab is to young to have that. The last thing he did when the hunt ended was jump into the truck and didn't use the ramp like he's supposed to. Could have strained something doing that.

The good thing is we had a good long walk several days back where he worked hard and did not show any problem. After he warmed up this morning he seems to be moving better. I did give him an asirin when we got to the shop.
Straightneck

Post by Straightneck »

Gussy,,, I truly hope your puppy is Ok, A Lab is one of the best I think, it's been two years since I lost mine, she was 15yrs. & 9months. I can't connect to another one yet,, she loved me longer than all four (4) EX-wives added up together did.
Three "G's" made AMERICA GREAT
GOD-Girls-Guns
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Thank you. My pup seems to be fine. He limped for 2 days then almost fully recovered the third day and now shows no sign of any problem. I can't tell you how relieved I am :shock: :D :D :D :D
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Gussy, maybe your dog stepped on a cactus. Even if there aren't many around dogs seem to have a knack of finding one to step on; ouch! Been there, done that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
"So many liberals, and so little time to teach them how to balance a checkbook." (Unknown)