Need help

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

marshalfire

Need help

Post by marshalfire »

I have a close friend who recently found out he has a serious cancer. He has several Sharps and other bp cartridge rifles and loves them. We were speaking of bucket list items and a buffalo hunt was at the top of his list. I want to be able to help my friend. Looking for any leads on a place to HUNT buffalo in the fall of 2019. His health should allow him a few years with some treatments but a cure is not possible. Thank you
bpcr shooter

Re: Need help

Post by bpcr shooter »

what type of experience is he looking for??? you can find buffalo from Alaska to New Mexico heck even in Mexico!!
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
marshalfire

Post by marshalfire »

He spoke of shooting a buff but wanted the experience of a hunt. We spoke that some of the outfits we heard of were ranch areas but they were such large areas the experience was a hun4 where one searches for 5he animal and they are not used to human contact,
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

well ALL buffalo are technically in "pens" some of them are just bigger than others. There are no wild roaming buffalo in the US. There are in Mexico though. Now there might be a stray one or two out there somewhere but.... my suggestion is to google buffalo hunts and see what they offer for a hunt (land size) you are looking for. New Mexico has some big country as does Montana, North Dakota. Try an get it down to 10 places and start making calls/emails if they have spots open this yr. 50-75k acres is pretty darn big but, you are still in a pen. If you want true "free range" Alaska would be my choice but the buff are a little smaller up there and a LOT harder to hunt.

good luck bud and hope you both do well.... Matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member