Kaleb 2018

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stephen Borud

Kaleb 2018

Post by Stephen Borud »

https://imgur.com/a/mdzm7JK

I had a great Sunday with two of my boys. My oldest laid this 3 point down with my Shiloh 50 2 1/2” Hartford at a 120 yards. The only part of the deer that was exposed was the neck and head. I told him to shoot him in the neck, he dropped the hammer and the deer disappeared in the mountain mahogany. I asked if he had made a good shot, he looked at me and said OH YEAH he’s dead. He put another round in the chamber and we headed towards the canyon to take a look see. As we slowly walked over the ridge his buck was laying right where he had shot him. An easy track job. :)

It sure is fun watching my boys grow as hunters. To watch them appreciate the animal for its meat. To appreciate the land for what it gives us every year. To see them breath hard after climbing a ridge. Their faces after a long stalk is blown. Hunting is such a great sport, it allows us the freedom to provide for our family, it allows me to teach them about wind, animal behavior, how to prepare the meat so it doesn’t spoil, and so many more things only many days in the field can teach.

SB
rdnck

Re: Kaleb 2018

Post by rdnck »

Congratulations are in order all around. First to Kaleb for making a good clean shot. Second to dad for bringing the boys up right and providing the coaching and opportunity for them to participate in the great outdoors with good equipment and a historical appreciation for our country and its past.

Good job Stephen and Kaleb. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
bobw

Post by bobw »

Your son looks like a chip off the old block :) Sure glad you didn't start his meat gathering with some whiner outfit and greasers. Congrats all the way around there dad. bobw
bobw
BFD

Post by BFD »

Nice buck. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
pete

Post by pete »

Nice buck and it's great you got them out hunting with an appreciation for history. That's a shot to be proud of .......at least it would be for me. Nice write up too.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

I am proud of you as a Dad teaching your sons the right path in life.
Beautiful rifle too.
DAVE ROELLE

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

Well done gentlemen !!!!!

Texas general Whitetail opens this weekend, Caleb (my grandson) and i will be at the ranch enjoying the weather and scouting

Stay safe
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Thanks guys! We have had a lot of fun this year. I’m shooting less but hunting more. Guiding my boys is truly one of life’s pleasures. Good luck to anyone who is still hunting, I pray you all find peace when in the field.

SB
sandhillcowboy1

Post by sandhillcowboy1 »

Good job all around!

Rick
SHCB1